On the Hunt

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by gronnh20, Jul 26, 2016.

1. gronnh20

gronnh20 Well-Known Member

I figure this area of the forum gets some real coin addicts popping in and checking out what coins are found and where they are found. So, I want to see if some of you hardcore coin junkies have other hunting grounds, other than just the bank and hitting a coinstar reject tube while no one is looking. I know the super duper top secret locales can't be let out, but, general run-of-the-mill places to hunt coins.

Here are two of mine. I'm sure they are known to everyone but its a start. The first one is due to the number of different buildings all over town I work in. Coke/Pepsi machines. The machine has to accept fiat paper money. I am a fiend for putting in a dollar and pushing the "return change button". I have found a few keepers this way. Gives ya something to do while on break. The ones that accept fivers are bonus. You can find these at car washes. Oh, ok I hit a car wash every once in awhile, too.

This second hunting ground is a little more challenging, never the less, rewarding though. Junk yards. The pick your part kind. It costs a few bucks ($2.00) to get in. Once inside the bounties are endless. Well not really, but, pretty close. Looking in consoles, under seats, ashtrays(old coins), etc. I have a buddy that works on cars so I usually go with him. Take a look in that Chevy Chevette ya never know.

I am always trying to find ways to go through coins to find the one. Its out there waiting to be found. So, what other methods of coin hunting does everyone else deploy. Come on give them up. It will make you feel better. You know you want to share. So share.

Metal detectors included w/locale.

Chad75 and Pickin and Grinin like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

There are a couple restaurants that I frequent. Neither of them give pennies as change. Every time I go in there, we guesstimate the worth and I buy them.

Chad75 likes this.
  4. Endeavor

Endeavor Well-Known Member

Laundromats... you probably won't find a quarter without any wear but at least it's something.

For paper currency (star notes and fancy serial numbers)... ATM's. If you go during business hours you can walk inside and redeposit the bills that weren't worth keeping.

Draft saved Draft deleted