Old US Notes Grade input help

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Mark Metzger, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Mark Metzger

Mark Metzger Well-Known Member

I just acquired a small assortment of US notes. I would love input on grade and value if you are so inclined. Paper is not my specialty, but the deal was too good to pass up.

85C7E6FB-BCEA-4FAF-A41A-9836EFEFE744.jpeg 87129792-F0E8-433A-80F8-962D06BE202B.jpeg 479BB804-34E8-4A0E-B40D-03E96B724472.jpeg 8611DDFA-A192-4E94-B5E5-5D452EEF71F3.jpeg 2BDCA117-1C60-4939-AB4F-CD7326C15517.jpeg 92600512-DB97-49F7-8D3C-3EDDA156B0D1.jpeg 8E550A30-13B7-4D3B-8AF9-4577D486EDEC.jpeg C770E320-2F27-4F17-B7E9-068192E61B26.jpeg CEB4C8C8-B992-4296-B185-2E5CA75DA88E.jpeg C8675CDF-15D7-4ACA-A8D5-B1186DFF15BF.jpeg

Cazador and BasSWarwick like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mark Metzger

4. Mojavedave

Mojavedave Senior Member

5. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

There’s ridiculous value here. I’d get many of these graded and auction these bad boys for a great payday

Mark Metzger likes this.
  6. clayirving

clayirving Supporter**

I really like the Educational Series!

7. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

I'll wager an uneducated guess.

The '96 $1 I believe would get a 50, no EPQ with the stains and wrinkles and rounded corners holding it from going further.
    The first '62 $2 note I believe may go 40-45 range, without the folds I believe it would go higher than the educational.
    The second '62 I believe to be in the 35 range
    The '07 Woodchopper (No PCBLIC Error) I believe would go 35 as well.
    The first fractional $.25 would be in the 20 range
    The second $.25 would be in the 10 range
    First $.10 would be 15, second $.10 in the 20 range.
    The "62 $1 I believe would go 40.

Don't take any of these grades to heart as I was mainly trying to hone my skills and would really like for someone with more experience to critique my grades for your notes.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  8. Mark Metzger

I have never sent notes in for grading. How is the process? Is it as painfully slow and expensive as sending coins to PCGS or NGC? Any advice would be appreciated.

9. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Of course you want to them in to a reputable grader so PMG is your best option
    if you can catch then a t local show you can get a good discount and the note
    back the next day :)

10. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I disagree. Having notes graded at a show and getting them back in a day or two is the most expensive type of third party grading.

Here’s a link to pricing grading notes through PMG. https://www.pmgnotes.com/submit/services-fees/pmg/

11. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

That $1 educational note looks too good to be true. And why isn't it already incapsulated?

12. mpcusa

If what I see is correct on that one would
    give it a solid 64 based on the margins
    alone, but can be difficult with out having
    the note in hand.

13. Mark Metzger

It’s on its way to the grader now. The note came from a collection that has sat untouched for about 50 years…hence, no grading.

Mountain Man likes this.
  14. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Be sure to post the results when you get it.

15. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Very nice looking. Sorry I can’t give you any idea on grades or prices but I don’t collect obsolete paper money. I do collect CSA Notes but that’s a different ball game. Let us know the results. :)

16. Collecting Nut

You should have no rush to get them back. It costs more and it doesn’t change a thing. Whatever they grade it will be the same and you’re just going to keep it so why rush it?

17. mpcusa

Ditch the wait time, I remember the old days at PCGS waiting up to 4 months to get a note back ! plus all the shipping costs, you literally save over $50 bucks on that alone plus the fact that they do offer show special and a one day turn around you
    can beat that PMG is the best option to secure and maintain value.

18. Collecting Nut

Wait time is no big deal to me. It pays to have patience. Less stress as well.

19. mpcusa

microwave world, who wants to wait, were not getting any younger...LOL

20. Hommer

Hommer Curator of Semi Precious Coinage

How did these grade?

21. Mark Metzger

Still waiting for them to come back…

Draft saved Draft deleted