Old purchase

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Joe Campbell, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Joe Campbell

Joe Campbell Well-Known Member

0110A168-FB80-4B3A-A0A0-D6960DD5E5E2.jpeg No LCS, no CRH’ing has me looking through old photo’s. Bought these in Jan 2015. $5 total from the group from the LCS. Obviously the V nickel and the 1891 IHP are really solid picks for the price. The other 5 IHP’s are decent as well. Enjoy. Just posting to try to get some semblance of a fix in. I’ve been unable to make a good eBay purchase for several weeks. I need to increase my big ranges.....

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

For $5? I'd say you did pretty well there!

I assume the nickel is the "no cents" version. Even still, I'd put it at EF or maybe higher - a $10 coin on its own.

Joe Campbell likes this.
  4. Joe Campbell

Joe Campbell Well-Known Member

Yes, it’s a ‘no cents’. It was $1 and the IHP were $4 for the 6 or them. I think the nickel may be higher than EF. Usually when I post pictures off my phone I just screen print from the actual photo to eliminate the location data but it leads to a less good photo. I think the nickel is mid-AU and the 1891 IHP has 4 full diamonds. Not sure how well that comes across in the photo.

I found my first real cherry-pick from this LCS as a mid-XF 1931-D Mercury dime in the melt bucket. Paid $1.56 at the time. To this day it’s one of my two favorite picks, not because it’s terribly valuable but because it was so cool to find. My other favorite cherry pick was a 1913-D Lincoln that NGC’d at MS-62 for $0.04 from the Wheatie bucket. But that was different LCS....

thanks.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Not a bad deal for the price you paid.

Joe Campbell likes this.
  6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

excellent deal.

Joe Campbell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted