Old Oberwise Premium Card question

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mdbb, Sep 30, 2022.

1. mdbb

mdbb Member

I have a 1909-1938 Oberwise Premium card that's been stored incorrectly. It's very moisture/water damaged and the bottom row 1936-1938 has been bent and broken in a fashion that won't allow coins to be held.

All the coins are weathered and under a microscope they're really dirty. Like stored in a humid garage for 30 years dusty/dirty. I know even a quick little rub can create swirl marks and take off the luster but I guess my main questions are: Should I remove the coins from this beaten, deteriorating album and put them into flips? Should I be concerned with accidentally removing parts of the dirt from handling?

The plus side to finding this is it had a 1909 V.D.B. , 1910-S, 1911-S and a 1922 Weak D (could be just worn but cool anyways) All are in maybe G condition or lower i'd say but it was a huge find for me after diving head first into this hobby again a couple weeks ago. There are a few that also have Lamination errors across the obverse which is cool too. I'll include some shots

Attached Files:

alurid and SensibleSal66 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Honestly remove all of them from the holder and soak them in some distilled water.
    If the holder is that damaged then there is no use in keeping the coins in it. The holder will continue to damage the coins.
    You might have to change the water a few times.

Kentucky, Inspector43 and mdbb like this.
  4. mdbb

mdbb Member

Awesome, thank you for your reply

Draft saved Draft deleted