Old confederate money

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by tofertofer, May 13, 2018.

1. tofertofer

tofertofer New Member

Im in need of some assistance i live in panama city florida and have some old confederate money that was left to me by my grandfather, what i am in search of is someone that knows anything about the money or of an appraiser in my area. Any and all help is greatly appreciated if i see people are interested in helping i can take and post pictures of the money here.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Lets see the pictures!

4. tofertofer

tofertofer New Member

these to start with they all have matching serial numbers and line up perfectly with the money on the back these are all
    criswell la-8. this is a plate b banknote for $1 $2 $3 issued in baton rouge on february 24th 1862

All
    News
    Maps
    Shopping
    Images
    SettingsTools

Attached Files:

ominus1 likes this.
  5. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

3FDD1899-599D-49FB-A28F-48FFBF45E720.jpeg 0EB0DDB7-0B0E-49F9-9451-0EFA30CD58B9.jpeg Easier on the eyes....

6. tofertofer

tofertofer New Member

cool thanks I wasn't sure how to do it that way

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

See if the signatures are in ink, or have been photo copied.
    These are often replicas, even very old ones.

8. tofertofer

tofertofer New Member

Appears to be ink and the ink changes from a dark brown to a light brown in some areas

9. TradingGreen

TradingGreen Active Member

Good morning. They look fine to my old eyes. Looks like the 10 and 20 Exchange notes are an uncut pair. Notes of that type are usually called "remainders". Meaning they were left over and not used (issued).
    The Baton Rouge notes are printed originally on a sheet as 1,2,3 dollar notes. So having 3 with the same serial is normal. You will probably see these style notes on the reverse of the Exchange notes. They used the remainder sheets to print the Exchange notes on the blank reverse.
    The Baton Rouge notes are listed in Confederate State reference books as LA 4, 5 and 6 for $1, $2 and $3. The one and two notes list from $15 in Good to $100 in Uncirculated. The $3 note is better, going from $40 to $260. These prices are retail and are from George S Cuhaj's book from 2012.
    There is a coin dealer with a website in Panama City and he even has $10 Holly Springs note for sale on his site. It is graded a AU 58 which is higher than yours would grade. I know nothing about this company but their name is Coin and Bullion Reserves.
    Good luck!
    Rich (In - The Villages, FL)

10. tofertofer

tofertofer New Member

Draft saved Draft deleted