OK Who Is doing all the Hording Here?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by abuckmaster147, Jun 17, 2020.

1. nuMRmatist

nuMRmatist Well-Known Member

Don't know if I agree BH ; my Gramps groaned about Treasury 'printing notes like newspaper', bringing down value of his holdings.

But now (the part I disagree with), Treasury is doing digital printing (even worse)...

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. nuMRmatist

nuMRmatist Well-Known Member

Biggest Treasury screw-up, IMO, was destroying 122 million worth of 1966 US Notes $100, that were still in Fed Res., until mid-90's.

They could have at least SOLD them...

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I only hoard the good stuff.

Danomite likes this.
  5. Mr.Q

Mr.Q Well-Known Member

A nearby PHD Numismatist gave me some darn good advice. He stated, "narrow your interest, read about what interest you, and share your interest with others. Never keep what you don't need and you will have more to value and less clutter."

Cheech9712 likes this.
  6. john65999

john65999 Well-Known Member

what about sales taxes??? these kind of necessitate cents..

7. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

Need to stick a 2 in front of your 40 years.

8. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

What is this “check” thing of which you speak?

:cool:

9. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Crazy little pieces of paper that allowed you to actually pay someone directly, without a multibillion dollar company insisting on taking a significant chunk out of the money. I know, crazy that they would ALLOW you to transfer money so easily without making you pay 3% service fees and turn over every transaction you make to the government as a matter of course each year.....

10. STU

STU Active Member

I do as I get lots from the bank bags full and I never take them back my grand kids can

11. Roseland3

Roseland3 Active Member

Didn't know that I am classed as a Hoarder. I only have three boxes of pennies, two boxes of nickels, a box of quarters , and maybe a half a box of dimes the I haven't been able to get back to the bank. But all I do is exchange them for a un-searched box.

Draft saved Draft deleted