Ok... Sanity check....

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mrweaseluv, Apr 9, 2021.

1. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Offered dealer "PCGS LIST PRICE" for an ANACS certified 84-o morgan in 62 PL...
    Dealer is asking list x2+

Which of us is the insane person

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

You;)but I give the dealer more credit.

Kurisu likes this.
  4. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Who's more insane,me because I paid $150 for it 64RB or the persons price which was that BIN.:D:D 20210406_195849.jpg 20210329_171326.jpg

thomas mozzillo and mrweaseluv like this.
  5. ddddd

ddddd Member

It depends on what the coin looks like. Is it a nice toner? That can increase the price well above guide. Is it conservatively graded? That can add a premium. Is it just generic or ok for the grade? That could mean the price is too high.

CircCam and spirityoda like this.
  6. mrweaseluv

yeah kinda nice for the grade but no better then a 63 pl and nicotine looking edge toning (not gold.. sickish yellow/brown) and the price he is asking is the 64 pl price and it ain't 64.. not a chance.. but "auction" almost over (no bids) so gonna hit him with a slightly higher offer before it goes as I do like the coin (yeah I'm an idiot lol)
    this one :D s-l1600 (2).jpg

7. ddddd

ddddd Member

Looks decent but I'd agree not near 2x guide.

8. mrweaseluv

denied and relisted fot $145... nope not for me lol

9. ddddd

ddddd Member

Time to move on as there is more out there and you can find nicer for that price.

10. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

11. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

Because there is someone out there who is crazier than you and eventually someone will buy it. I have sold some things at 4x before. Things pcgs prices at 25 to 35 selling for 99.99. I have a guy after me right now he's offered over greysheets pcgs+cac value and I still won't consider it. Because someone will pay the hundred. True fact on ebay.

12. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

I was just saying in another thread, the NGC price guide should be showing huge spikes in prices on about everything across the board after this year because you can hardly find a decent slabbed coin on ebay that's less than $50-$150 over the current listed price guides. Looks like Make an offer has really fallen out of favor too. They want you to pay and pay big. Maybe they assume everyone's still spending stimulus money?

Draft saved Draft deleted