Ok, I’ve been dumb before but wow.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by H8_modern, May 26, 2022.

1. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I know many here have bought a coin and then realized they already had 1 or 3. I managed to buy this which arrived today.
    upload_2022-5-26_21-12-16.jpeg

upload_2022-5-26_21-12-49.jpeg

“Montana State
    1915 · SH 18-20 GP · HK-409
    Year 1915
    Metal Gold-Plated
    Weight
    Diameter
    38 mm
    Designed By
    Engraved By
    Minted By
    Rarity
    R-8
    Orientation
    Reference
    SH 18-20 GP
    HK-409
    Winged Victory or Nike stands on the prow of a ship, the exposition buildings can be seen in the background behind her. The Montana State seal is on the reverse with the State motto Oro Y Plata below, some have Robbins Co. Attleboro on edge.“

Cool, happy to get it today.

Then I opened the 2nd package that arrived today which was this:

upload_2022-5-26_21-20-32.jpeg

upload_2022-5-26_21-20-48.jpeg

The really bad part is that I was surprised when I saw it and had to look back at my purchases and still didn’t understand how it happened.

I’m too young for senior moments like this. Somebody please tell me you’ve done something similar.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

You're ok as long as you didn't purchase a third example and yes, I am guilty of this...

Dimedude2 and dwhiz like this.
  4. COOPER12

COOPER12 Well-Known Member

Its a nice coin

5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

#1 - You're consistent.
    #2 - You know what you like.
    #3 - Your redundancy confirms #1 and #2

Enjoy them. It sure seems like you meant to make the purchases.

6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Your not alone

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Yup. But if you're gonna do it, that's the way to do it. :)

Dimedude2 likes this.
  8. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Who says you are too young?

It can strike at any age

:)

9. Cliff Reuter

Cliff Reuter Well-Known Member

I have, hoping they were different varieties. But alas, wasn't to be!

(I was just glad to learn you hadn't re-purchased a coin you had recently sold!)

10. Tall Paul

Tall Paul Supporter! Supporter

I've done it. I have two 1892 Columbian commemoratives that were only one lot apart in an auction. I didn't realize I had bid twice until the invoice arrived.

11. clamcakes

clamcakes New Member

May as well buy the rest of them now.

-jeffB likes this.
  12. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest that I'd take one, living in Montana and all, but then realized I AREADY HAVE ONE. LOL
    1915 Montana HK-409.jpg 1915 Montana HK-409 rev..jpg

H8_modern and Tall Paul like this.
  13. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

I've done the same thing. Buy 2 nearly identical coins and have them arrive here within a week or so of each other. Then discover that I already had one, so now have 3. That is OK, it just enlarges my "collection".

14. okbustchaser

okbustchaser I may be old but I still appreciate a pretty bust Supporter

15. coin_nut

I keep buying coins as cheaply as I can, knowing they will go up in value. I just saw a coin for sale today for about $800 which was nearly identical to one I got 5 years ago for about $80. (1887 GB Double florin AU58+) That made me feel good, however I always remember, a thing is worth what you can get for it.

16. H8_modern

H8_modern Attracted to small round-ish art

I rarely buy a coin to sell it and the few that I do decide to sell, I usually regret letting it go.

17. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

I've bought the same type and date coin but not at the same time. I've done on purpose and by mistake.

18. coin_nut

I agree with you. However, I am 72 years old now and figure I am gonna drop dead some day. My widow will have the problem of liquidating my accumulation of coins, and I sure hope she gets some good money for my stuff.

1865King likes this.
  19. 1865King

1865King Well-Known Member

I bought the same coin type and date twice at a local coin show. I didn't set out to do that, but I liked the first coin I bought and spent some time talking to the dealer and then found another example that was a little nicer and bought that one two. Neither cost more than expected and both dealers were great so there was no way I was going back to the first dealer and return the first coin I bought. I'm sure he would take it back but seeing as he spent time with me and treated me right it would be rude to go back and return the coin. Neither coin was more than $100.00 and they were simi key date Mercury dimes. So, no harm done and no regrets.

20. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

I'm sorry, I can't. I'm not that dumb. :)

21. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

Just did it a month ago, found a really nice MS 13-D Lincoln at a show then came home and discovered the one I had was nearly identical but a little nicer. LOL

One of the reasons I don't use albums, I have quite a few multiples, so it was easy enough to absorb.

Draft saved Draft deleted