Oh well. I reckon that's not gonna happen.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by lordmarcovan, Oct 7, 2026 at 12:51 AM.

  1. lordmarcovan

    lordmarcovan Eclectic numismatist Moderator

    I was bidding on and very much hoping to win this coin and add it to my collection. Never mind that so doing would’ve caused notable injury to my credit card.

    Alas, it appears that’s not going to happen now. So my credit card breathes a sigh of relief while I breathe a small sigh of disappointment. Ah well. Next time, maybe.

    I was very, very tempted to abandon all self-restraint and keep upping my bid, but sanity prevailed in the end.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]


    Post your near misses, or "ones that got away".

    .
     
    SensibleSal66 likes this.
  2. Avatar

    Guest User Guest



    to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

    SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

    My Misses never got a way. She's sleeping right now. :smuggrin:
    Mine is a Higley Copper but that isn't happening. I'll take a Flowing hair though. ;)
     
  4. lordmarcovan

    lordmarcovan Eclectic numismatist Moderator

    Y’know, I’ve seen some amazing stuff at the big national shows, but I can’t say as I’ve ever seen a Higley copper in person.
     
  5. BRandM

    BRandM Counterstamp Collector

    Nothing wrong with a Flowing Hair, Sal. I've never seen a Higley either that I recall.

    Bruce
     

Share This Page