OH NO say it isn't so

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by dwhiz, Aug 9, 2020.

1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I received this email from the US Mint referring to my 2020-W ASE
    "your order USS1337XXXX has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you submitted a check for payment, a refund will be processed and mailed. Please allow three to four weeks for processing. If you paid by credit card, you will not be charged."
    Thankfully I have 4 that are due to arrive tomorrow

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

They have some listed now on the Mint website, probably won't last long.

4. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Why is this coin an issue? What happened?

5. dwhiz

@Inspector43 My CC had expired (date) I called and was told that due to virus they couldn't release it so when they opened up again I just re-ordered some.

GoldFinger1969 and Inspector43 like this.
  6. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Then you did get the order placed and confirmed, good.

dwhiz and GoldFinger1969 like this.
  7. dwhiz

Inspector43 Yes and due to be delivered tomorrow

GoldFinger1969 and Inspector43 like this.
  8. cwalt54

cwalt54 New Member

I received the same email Wednesday after ordering the 200 bag of JFK Half dollars. I called and the representative made out like the issue was with my debit card. I called my bank and they said they approved the purchase. So I called back and the representative said she did not know why my order was cancelled. She said the bag was still available and she placed the order for a second time. Got an email this later yesterday saying the order she place was cancelled. Now I have over $300 tied up that I cannot access because it is still pending and the US Mint representative just said it could be 5 days before it is released. Also, she basically said that's just the way it is. She hung up on me when I asked why was I told there the item is available by the first representative. Is this something the mint does. How do they get away with this???

9. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Five days is about the normal for any business or the mint. It's setup that way by the processing company to prevent fraud. The mint was correct. That's just the way it is.

10. cwalt54

cwalt54 New Member

So, anytime I place and order with the us mint and get a confirmation email and no matter the cost... the next day they can send me an email and say that the order is no longer available and my money is tied up 5 days???? This is acceptable???

11. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

when it comes to credit card transactions and processing companies, it might not be acceptable, but "That's just the way it is". the processor delays to make sure there's no monkey business going on with the transaction, you can't do anything about it, and neither can the vendor, the card company, or the bank.

any time you place an order with any company and they charge your card, and then it's interrupted for whatever the reason and a chargeback or refund needs to be issued for that initial charge, it's going to happen and take up to 5 days to process the refund back to the card that was used. Not just from the mint, anywhere that takes credit cards as a form of payment.

12. Razz

Razz Critical Thinker

Use a credit card and not a debit card and your funds wont be tied up.

13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

That's what I was thinking as well. Since the debit card runs through you bank account that can slow things down and put extra delays in the process.

Razz likes this.
  14. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Never use a debit card online. Always have a credit card for online transactions

Razz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted