Oh happy day!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Exodus_gear, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Exodus_gear

Exodus_gear Well-Known Member

So I'll admit it I take risks on buying uncleaned lots on ebay. The recent lot that got me the silver julia but today I pulled one of my favorite coins that I've been wanting for my collection.

First two pics is how it arrived and second set if after restoration. In decent shape, in my opinion.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

4. Thomas c

Thomas c Veni, vidi, vici, Julius Caesar

Nice Find! I nearly always buy uncleaned lots,
    best i found are a septemius denarius, a lot of fourrees, a Herennius Etruscus AE 27
    and a lot of high grade bronze, OH and the coin i have as my profile pic.

Thomas,

5. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Very nice. If you don't mind, where do you get you uncleaned lots? Do you use eBay? I like doing the cleaning and finding something interesting.

Exodus_gear likes this.
  6. Exodus_gear

Exodus_gear Well-Known Member

Thank you, and I tend to get them from ebay. No particular seller as of yet, I just tend to find a lot that has 3+ days before it ends and stare at the pictures so see if I can't possibly make something out. I tried one or two users that had bulks of coins to see if I could stay steady with them but they seemed kind of cherry picked in my opinion.

Inspector43 likes this.
  7. Inspector43

I bought some one time years ago. I found one that was a bronze that someone had platted in silver in the time period that it was used. Experts told me that it happened from time to time back then.
    Acient Silver closer.jpg

8. Inspector43

9. Islander80-83

Islander80-83 Well-Known Member

Sorry, thought I was getting this. ;) Now I can't get it out of my head! :hilarious:

Exodus_gear and Inspector43 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted