Official blue book pricing

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Clock20, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Clock20

Clock20 New Member

Being a new collector I️ recently purchased the official blue book United States coins 2018. I️ was surprised by the lock of difference in price on coins. For example Gold eagles the one ounce gold eagle pf are almost all $1,275 with the exception of a few burnished and a 2006W reverse proof. Am I️ reading this right so odds are purchasing a 2018 pf it will be likely as the same value going back to 1992? I️ have a few proof70 though it says only proof is that why I️ see gold eagles 70 pf selling for anywhere from $1500 to $1800? Seems like $500 dollars is a lot over pf blue book?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

In the old days the Blue Book was the price dealers were paying for coins.
    So the prices are a lot lower than in other guides.

4. Clock20

Clock20 New Member

That makes more sense so if I️ am a new collector is this my best reference to prices so I’m not over paying for a coin? Is there any other publishing’s you recommend?

5. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

People like the Red Book. It covers a lot of ground. Some of the prices are a little high. But there's good information in there besides pricing. If you just want pricing you can find prices online.
    For a quick reference I will use this. All of the coin series are listed in the left margin. Just click. Some of the prices are high, but it's just a guide.
    https://www.usacoinbook.com/coins/small-cents/lincoln-wheat-cent/

6. Clock20

Clock20 New Member

Great appreciate all the info!

7. Clock20

Clock20 New Member

This is great last question from the nube how do I️ change that chart from penny to look at the coins I️ am searching for say gold or silver eagles

8. ken454

ken454 Well-Known Member

9. Clock20

Clock20 New Member

Nevermind I️ figured it out!!

Draft saved Draft deleted