Off Center 1920 Wheat

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Evan8, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

I just received a wonderful off center strike 1920 Lincoln Wheat cent for my off center collection. The seller it came from believed that it was struck on a foreign planchet that NGC did not attribute. An Argentinean 10 centavos to be exact. I'm curious about the weight of the coin, eventhough an Argentinean 10 centavos weighs 3.0 grams and the Lincoln is supposed to weigh 3.11. Still curious though. Anyone by some chance know the weight of a gen 17 NGC holder with a small cent insert? I'd try to figure it out myself but my only other gen 17 with a cent is an off center struck Flying Eagle and I doubt its weight is right either.

Here is the coin. Woody's suck trying photograph.
    2019-01-31-10-42-27.jpg
    2019-01-31-10-43-24.jpg
    2019-01-31-10-44-07.jpg

I know they exist but how does one tell if a Lincoln Cent was struck on an Argentinean 10 centavos since they both weigh about the same?

Edit* I don't think it is struck on a 10 centavos since they would have been made from copper nickel. It wouldn't have looked like this I don't think.
    I'd still like to know the weight of the 1920 though.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

4. EdThelorax

EdThelorax Well-Known Member

That is one cool coin. I like woodys to begin with, that is an extra special coin with lots of uniqueness to look at.

Evan8 likes this.
  5. Evan8

Evan8 A Little Off Center

alurid likes this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

It is 2 Mint Errors
    Off Center Strike and Improperly Mixed Alloy (woodie) ;)

Evan8 likes this.
  7. IanC

IanC Numismatist

Awesome coin! I believe those NGC slabs with the small cent insert is 41.9 grams.

8. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

Excellent coin!

IanC likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted