Off Center $1 star note find.... with question?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Bambam8778, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone. I am not very versed in the paper money error world. I do know about looking up the star note part. It was a less scarce number. My initial notice was the star note and then it happened to the bill be cut off center. Then when I was looking at it even closer, I noticed that the distance in the margins were different from front to back. Meaning the white space I see from the print to the edge of the cut. Here are the comparisons:
    Top Front: 1cm
    Top Rear: Almost 3cm

Left Front: 4cm
    Same Side Rear: 5cm

Right Front: Almost 1cm
    Same Side Rear: Almost 3cm

Bottom Front: 3cm
    Bottom Rear: 5cm
    Is there any added value to this since the two sides have different variances in the cut? I didn't even know this could happen. Like it was printed off center on each side and then cut off center? fullsizeoutput_e00.jpeg fullsizeoutput_e02.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Unfortunately, it’s just a poorly centered note with bad (uneven) margins. It officially becomes an error note when part of an adjacent note is visible in the margin.

If you look real close, you can see a sliver of the note below this note in the lower margin.

FB31E1B5-EBC7-4C69-A750-DF01C75CA6E6.jpeg

Bambam8778 likes this.
  4. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

It looks like I was allllllmost there with the reverse. I'll stick it in my worthless star note collection and maybe someone will but it for $1.05 if I ever start selling at shows, LOL :playful:

Draft saved Draft deleted