"ODD' Movie Money

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Skippy Topaz, May 11, 2019.

1. Skippy Topaz

Skippy Topaz PAPERBOY

Was just watching an episode of The Odd Couple and during a scene where Oscar is playing poker with some sportswriter buddies I couldn't help but notice they were using money that looked like it was from the Wild West... Can't believe they didn't have any "movie money" that looked closer to 1970's dollar bills..

Odd-Money.jpg

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    George McClellan and Paul M. like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I’m guessing most of the studios use these people, if they don’t already have some from previous movies.

https://propmoney.com/

4. lettow

lettow Senior Member

The notes in the picture are based on notes from Chihuahua issued during the Mexican Revolution.

5. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

I had read somewhere, that Mexican revolution notes are somewhat common, and we're readily available in quantity, so the were used by production companies as prop money. So the notes on The Odd Couple may be real.

Sorry I can't remember where I heard that and don't have link. I'm wondering if anybody can confirm that story, or if I'm "misremembering" it

6. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

Oldhoopster. Don't know if you're "misremembering" anything, but seems the Chihuahua paper currency figured largely, during Mexican Revolutions and that it was used as "movie money" by Hollywood. Some of us would have Googled it, and one can find out quite a lot about it online. Chihuahua is the largest State in Mexico, and that would be where the name derives from. :jimlad:

7. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

These items would be great to play jokes on freinds! I'll stash a bag of money in the woods where we metal detect and let them find it! :hilarious:

Kim Greenwood and LA_Geezer like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted