Observation about the US Mail

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kanga, Aug 18, 2020.

1. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Well if we want to get as technical as before they would need signs saying so but how silly of me lol.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

True, but if you attach a note explaining what is going on, that would be mailable, so the note would be illegal. :)

4. Virginian

Virginian Well-Known Member

Not sure if you're lawyers, but kinda curious if either of you has a case on point.

5. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

400 miles in which direction?

I received a couple of IHCs from a well-know ebay seller in Wheaton Illinois that took just two days to arrive here in Louisiana. Meanwhile, a Morgan from the big seller in Frederick Maryland still isn't here, yet the tracking # was assigned 12 days ago. Go figure.

6. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

When my wife and I decided to buy a house, we found one that was priced right, but would need some improvements. The house belonged to a brother and sister. At closing, they wouldn't even look at each other. Anyway, shortly after we were moved in, we were getting utility bills addressed to their mother, who had been dead for 10 years. Evidently, the brother didn't pay his utility bills (in his mother's name) for the last two months he lived in the house. I sent them back to the utility companies and told them the names and addresses of the brother and sister. I never heard from the brother and sister again.
    PS: Thanks for the USPS website. It gives me the process to return junk mail.

7. Black Friar

Black Friar Well-Known Member

I just received Sept. 4 a coin from Belgium that was sent August 8,2020.
    OF course where or when it was received in the US. I live in the Pacific
    NW. Nice Arab/Byz marketed as a common Constans II.

Sorry, no pic yet, I've got to remember to always down load their photos for quick delivery to Coin Talk. I'm getting the rust of the old camera skills. I haven't touched
    it since early in December 19. Cheers to all and stay safe.

Draft saved Draft deleted