Observation about the US Mail

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by kanga, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Phil's Coins

Phil's Coins Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true Democrat.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

your world must be pretty small

baseball21 likes this.
  4. atcarroll

atcarroll Well-Known Member

It always been hit or miss in MI, but ever since the lockdown it's mostly miss.

Scuba4fun777 and baseball21 like this.
  5. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I was probably lucky before if that's the case, but several of the distribution centers this year have been a black hole that randomly spit things out whenever they feel like it and it's been going on for months. I literally had a package delivered first in Japan that was sent a week later than my package to MI

6. Morpheus

Morpheus Active Member

This finally arrived at it's destination yesterday.

7. Dobbin

Dobbin Active Member

Today my street flat out didn't get mail carrier service, a first.

8. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

They have been attempting to privatize the United States Postal Service for years. True corruption going on now.

9. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

The new Postmaster has been making some big changes and since he has ZERO experience in the postal field it's slowing things down. Hopefully he'll be gone by Jan. ;)

Jeffjay, brg5658 and Bayern like this.
  10. baseball21

Not really. You have shut downs, people getting sick, riots etc things have been slow all year and there have been huge problems all year. The new changes are designed to make things more cost effective which were long over due. The system as a whole is nothing more than logistics and Amazon has already proven how outdated the old way was

philologus_1 likes this.
  11. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

Amazon doesn't deliver mail!

12. Dobbin

Dobbin Active Member

Amazon contracts out their delivery, they just move materials point to point. They either use contract workers, independents, or even USPS for final delivery.

philologus_1 likes this.
  13. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

No way. It is MUCH MUCH worse now. Every shipment I make or receive, even with tracking, is taking a ridiculously long time now. No contest. The postal service has NEVER been this slow in my lifetime. Probably not since pony express days, LOL!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    Jaelus, Jeffjay, Bayern and 1 other person like this.
  14. LA_Geezer

LA_Geezer Well-Known Member

This depends considerably on point of origin and destination. I purchased a coin from an ebay seller on July 9. USPS tracking showed that it was accepted at a branch in La Jolla CA on July 13, showing the seller has little regard for his customers, but the story continues. On July 18, the parcel arrived in San Diego where it stayed for an indeterminate amount of time. Obtainable USPS progress stops here and does not recommence until the parcel arrives at a major distribution center here in Baton Rouge on, wait for it, August 10. On August 13, the parcel arrived at the branch that serves my address; finally the mail was delivered to me on August 15.

I posted a birthday card to Winchester VA from Baton Rouge on August 5 which was delivered a day later than the recipient's birthday on August 12. In days past, a typical envelope from here to there that was mailed on a Monday of any given week was delivered up there on the following Thursday.

15. baseball21

You two can't possibly be that in the dark

16. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

Amazon isn't even processing shipments for days later than they used to. UPS can't deliver something Amazon hasn't processed! The two day Prime shipping that Prime customers pay the annual fee for doesn't exist any more. At least for now.

17. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

That's really funny, because I thought it was spoken like a true Republican! LOL. But I want to avoid politics. I just thought this was really funny.

18. Cachecoins

Cachecoins Historia Moneta

I just got a coin I ordered before my birthday, July 15, yesterday. It was coming from Germany though.

19. Dobbin

Dobbin Active Member

I'm formerly connected to Amazon logistics, what dark are you drinking?

I can here to share information and not argue right and wrong. I'll be signing off from this threat now.

20. serafino

serafino Well-Known Member

DeJoy has been trying to remove sorting machines and trying to eliminate overtime for postal workers. Here in Calif. first class mail has slowed considerably within our state. DeJoy is a political appointment with no experience in the postal field. Congress is also looking hard at DeJoy and questioning his motives

UncleScroge, Bayern and Rick B like this.
  21. Rick B

Rick B Well-Known Member

I order a lot from Amazon. Most orders now, I get an email saying "Delay in shipping your Amazon.com"
    They are getting pretty bad. They have been GREAT for us for decades, until now.

Draft saved Draft deleted