O.H.N.S. auction at FUN

Discussion in 'Auction Listings' started by Ron Landis, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Ron Landis

Ron Landis New Member

This is a three-sided hobo nickel I carved for the centennial anniversary of the Hobo Nickel. It will be in the OHNS auction at the FUN show. The entire auction is online here; http://www.hobonickels.org

Well, after all that, I guess I still can't show photos. Sorry. You can find it on the OHNS site.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ron Landis

Ron Landis New Member

It's lots #130 and 131.

4. Ron Landis

Ron Landis New Member

Ok, It works now. I have a lot of detail shots. There's sort of a lot going on in some small places. This one is probably my most time consuming nickel carving to date. I don't count hours, but it took about 6 weeks.

Attached Files:

5. Ron Landis

Ron Landis New Member

The lyrics disguised as grass is from an old bluegrass tune, "Blue Railroad Train"...
    Blue railroad train, leaving me far behind
    Gimme back the Good Old Days
    And let me ramble on down the line.

Attached Files:

6. Ron Landis

Ron Landis New Member

One more. The second piece is an Ultra High Relief hobo nickel I created using embossing and chasing techniques. I had to soften the metal by annealing to keep it from cracking. This is the third and most likely the last UHR nickel I will do.

Attached Files:

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Normally I wouldn't post here like this but I want you Ron, and others who see this, to understand something. I'm bending the rules by allowing these posts to stay. By our rules you are only allowed to make 1 post every 7 days in any of the advertising sections. You made 5 in this one thread alone.

However, I also understand the limitations of only being able to post 5 pics at a time; and, in your post that started this thread you did list both of the coins (in one post) that are being offered.

So based on that, I'm letting things stay as they are.

8. Ron Landis

Ron Landis New Member

Thank you, and I promise I'll try to behave. :) I posted a link to this page on the chat forum because of a request of a member who wanted to discuss carving techniques, etc. Thanks again for your patience with me. I don't want to be a problem to you or any moderators.

9. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Posting that link there is not allowed, I removed it.

No problem, I understand that you are new here. But you also need to understand that nobody but you or a moderator can post here in your ad threads, and this area not supposed to be used for discussion purposes. But like I said, I kind of bent the rules given the circumstances. Any further discussion or comments you have should be made elsewhere, or by PM if you like.

And if people have questions regarding the sale of any of your items, or anything to do with buying them, then those questions have to be sent to you by PM. You, and they, will not be allowed to discuss those things on the forum. It must be done privately.

Questions about you make your carvings or the work that goes into them, that kind of thing you of course discuss all you want. Just use a little common sense when it comes to sales issues and you'll be fine.