NWCC Money Show March 18-20, Brooklyn Center, MN

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BuffaloHunter, Mar 11, 2022.

1. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

I plan on being there next Friday and Saturday.

My dearest wife let me have some more funds this time around so I'll be looking to fill more holes in my type set, as well as finish my Walker short set if the dates/MM's I need pop up in blast white.

@Rushmore @medoraman @mlov43 @Jeffjay @BlackberryPie @Noah Worke , how about all you folks? Let's do a meet and greet if you plan on going.

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

4. Jeffjay

Jeffjay Well-Known Member

I will be there though not sure which day. Have not been to a coin show in over 2 years so I'm looking forward to it.

BuffaloHunter likes this.
  5. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hmm. There's a Brooklyn Center in MN?

6. BuffaloHunter

The only city of Brooklyn Center I know of. Where is there another?

7. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I wish. Its my father's birthday that weekend and I have to leave the state that day. I actually have a pile of Banjamin's burning a hole in my pocket, and cannot attend. :(

8. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

Would love to be there but have another commitment.

9. medoraman

Welp, given my wife being sick I guess I can attend. Any given day people are planning on going? I am about 6'2", bald/brown, and can put Medoraman on the nametag.

10. BuffaloHunter

I will be there Friday and Saturday. I plan on being there at opening time for both days (noon Friday and 10AM Saturday). Let's try to get together this time around. You tell me which day and we'll discuss the details.

11. medoraman

I will let you know sir. I am not sure if I can get tomorrow afternoon off, (annual meeting soon).

12. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

I've got time Sunday, not sure who else will be there that day. Today I'm at school, tomorrow I'm at work, and luckily we have a short 5 hour window tomorrow, two of which will be spent driving to and from the city. 11-3 is when I plan to be there. The idea of a meetup does sound fun

13. BuffaloHunter

I’ll be heading back home tomorrow after the show. Perhaps next time we can get more people in on a meet and greet.

Noah Worke likes this.
  14. BuffaloHunter

Today at the show was much fun. Got to sit and chat with @medoraman for a while (it was a pleasure meeting you, sir).

I plan on being back to the tables tomorrow morning again to see if I can put some more coins into my collection. Today saw me adding one more coin to my Walker short set and picked up three modern commemoratives as well. Here is my prize from today, though. My first one of these:

50D2DD45-1435-4C4C-9C8E-E6ECCE0D0390.jpeg A3884578-3D91-4D54-BCD1-C59C9CABC6CE.jpeg

15. Jeffjay

What is going to go today but decided against it after talking to a friend that went yesterday and said it was crowded and nobody observing any covid protocol.

16. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Saying that much is allowed. But further discussion of that specific subject, by anybody, is not allowed. So fair warning.

Jeffjay likes this.
  17. Jeffjay

I was aware of the and agree with the policy but figured mention of it would be okay. I figure some collectors although not all would like to know.

18. medoraman

Nice meeting you as well sir. The coin you posted is even nicer in hand, excellent example.

It was weird buying only 1 US coin at a large show, especially not a gold one. I am enjoying the Fugio I picked up, I think its a nice clean example of the type. I saw the weakness in the dial seems to be a die specific striking weakness, finding the same coin in AU with the same weakness.

19. BuffaloHunter

Thanks, Chris, and that Fugio you picked up was a dandy!

I look forward to walking the floor with you again and I’m already penciled on the calendar for the MOON show in October.

I picked up some nice early halves yesterday and plan to do a couple GTG’s on those.

@Noah Worke , did you make it to the show today?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  20. Noah Worke

Noah Worke Well-Known Member

Yep, I made it. It was quite the show, though I didn't buy much. I got a couple of those low grade type coins from that one table, I forgot whose it was. I got my first large cent, three cent nickel, and seated liberty quarter. My brother picked up some foreigns from those bins that said something like "Five coins for a dollar", and we each picked up one of those commemorative Canadian dollars. There weren't a whole lot of ancients that I saw, but the table way down to the right when you walked in was pretty cool. I really liked seeing those huge medals in the oversize slabs at that first table, I'd never seen anything like it.

21. BuffaloHunter

Yes, those oversize medals are pretty neat. That was at Dick Grinolds Americana corner table. He deals almost specifically in medals and tokens. I bought my first Civil War Token from him last year. You are 100% correct that there wasn't a lot of ancients being offered, but that is almost always the case at this venue. Glad you had fun and went home with some treasures!

Draft saved Draft deleted