Numismatics Dream

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by VistaCruiser69, Dec 30, 2020.

1. VistaCruiser69

VistaCruiser69 Well-Known Member

You know you're into numismatics when you have a dream about it. Last night I had my very first numismatics dream. Scary stuff.

I dreamed I was in a restaurant and I looked at the change in my pocket when paying the bill. It was at that moment when I discovered that one of the pennies in my pocket was struck roughly 50% off center on both sides of the coin. I was so happy with that discovery. The waitress asked me why I was so happy, so I explained it to her. I then passed over to her the coin in question. She looked at it with amazement. But before she could pass it back over to me, a customer at some table across the room yelled over at her for assistance. Before handing back the penny, she ran over to assist the customer. Upon her return to where I was, she no longer had the penny in question and couldn't figure out where it went. So I began to look around on the floor for it. Eventually I tore the place apart looking for it. Never finding it, I gave her an extra tip for allowing me to displace some of her customers while looking under tables while searching the place from top to bottom.

I really hope I never have another one of those type of dreams.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. QuintupleSovereign

QuintupleSovereign Well-Known Member

I dreamt that I had found a cache of double eagles hidden under my tree. Imagine my disappointment upon waking!

4. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

I had one that I can recall as a youngster. I had quite the stack of worn slick V-nickels so I saved up and bought a Whitman for them. The kind folks at Whitman were good enough to put a cardboard plug in the 1913 hole. This intrigued me so I scavenged a quarter and rode the bus to the library to educate myself on this 1913 nickel mystery.... Anyway, the whole thing consumed so much of my brain that I dreamed I happened upon a car accident and 1913 nickels were strewn about the highway..... The really intriguing thing is that it made such an indelible imprint on my brain that I spent years of my adult life with a nagging thought that 1913 nickels were lost somewhere in an auto accident!

VistaCruiser69 and RonSanderson like this.
  5. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

You kind of remind me of a VERY OLD MAD Magazine cartoon where a guy in a restaurant tips the waiter only a penny because of poor service....and the waiter shouts out that it's a 1909-S VDB...

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

That's more like a nightmare.

VistaCruiser69 likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The last dream I had I saved the president's life but I was shot doing it. He came to see me in the hospital several times. A month after I was released my wife and I were invited to the White House, where we had dinner.

After dinner we went to a press conference where I was awarded the highest civilian award. After that, the president spoke with me in the Oval Office. He gave me a small gift and a letter on White House paper. He told me not to open it until I got home.

The letter was thanking me again for saving his and his wife's life. It was also a written statement guaranteeing me that this was the real thing and I was entitled to own it. It was a 1933 $20.00 gold piece, graded by PCGS as a MS-65.

8. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

I had a dream where this arcade had a coin pusher that took Morgan dollars. That was incredible

9. VistaCruiser69

Yes I can imagine your disappointment, because, when I was a little kid I used to have this reoccurring dream that I was in a grocery store when they were closing for the night, they dimmed the lights, locked the doors and all left while I was inside. I would always eventually make my way to the bakery and start eating deserts of all shapes and sizes. I too had disappointment upon waking up without any of those sweets. Since it was a reoccurring dream, every time I would try something new in my attempt to bring back at least a chocolate chip cookie for when I wake up from the dream. I tried many things but none of them never worked. Putting the cookie in my shirt, in my pants, in a pocket, etc. The last attempt was to put the cookie in my mouth without chewing it and hopefully when I wake from the dream it would be in my mouth. No dice. I'm pretty sure that dream started right about the time I watched that episode of the Little Rascals where they were running away and used Petey as a way to get the owners of a bakery to give them a bunch of deserts, intended for the dog, the kids ate them instead. This reoccurring dream seems to have started soon after watching that episode.

10. goossen

goossen Senior Member

Once I dreamed I was MDing in North Korea, I was in a desolated area, and there was a small creek, very crystalline water and I kept finding coins in the creek. Nobody around and no idea how I ended up there.
    The coins were a mix of ancient and other unknown pieces.

11. VistaCruiser69

Interesting. I'd expect that type of dream from a vet. Instead of MDing for mines in North Korea, dreaming of MDing for coins.

12. goossen

goossen Senior Member

IKR, probably I was watching a documentary or something like that.

13. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

One of the five 1913 V Nickels WAS involved in a car crash. The driver/owner of the car was killed. Must’ve been a vision! Not a dream!

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  14. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Seriously??? Oh man... Now I’ll have flashbacks!!!

C-B-D likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted