Numismatica Ars Auction 114

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by greekandromancoins, May 21, 2019.

1. greekandromancoins

greekandromancoins Well-Known Member

Hi,

Did any other forum members participate in auction 114 a couple weeks ago?
    If so, have you been invoiced yet?

I have not received an invoice, or had a response to email queries, which is unusual...

I assume they are simply behind schedule in finalising auction results and getting invoices out but thought I would check in case I was the exception...

Regards,

Peter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Meander

Meander Well-Known Member

Invoiced and paid last week. The coins are already with me.

4. Carausius

Carausius Brother, can you spare a sestertius?

I received an invoice May 14. Peter, are you certain your bid(s) succeeded?

5. tenbobbit

tenbobbit Well-Known Member

Check your junk mail just in case, I have had this happen before and not realized until I asked for a 2nd invoice.
    When that 1 didn't appear in my mail I then checked my junk and both were in there.

6. akeady

akeady Well-Known Member

I emailed last week to ask about the auction and was told they'd sent me an invoice the day before - I never got it, though it's possible I deleted it from the spam folder without noticing it.

Anyway, they sent a second invoice and I've paid, so waiting patiently now...

ATB,
    Aidan.

7. Terence Cheesman

Terence Cheesman Well-Known Member

This is weird, I thought I had answered on this thread but I cannot see it. Okay it went to Bit heaven. I received my invoice over a week ago and I am told my coins are on their way. Hopefully. Perhaps check your Spam folder some of my e mails end up there for what ever reason.

8. BenSi

BenSi Well-Known Member

My winning lot was one of the last to be auctioned , I got my invoice about a week after the auction.

9. greekandromancoins

greekandromancoins Well-Known Member

Thanks,

Just found a response - was hidden in spam folder, somehow missed it the first time...

:facepalm:

Peter

10. Suarez

Suarez Well-Known Member

I was worried too for same reason. I called them to clear it up. Now coins are stuck in Fedex NY so back to being stressed

11. Terence Cheesman

My coins just arrived today.

Roman Collector and akeady like this.
  12. akeady

akeady Well-Known Member

Mine too :)

Roman Collector likes this.
  13. Suarez

Suarez Well-Known Member

Wow, a lot of you have won coins from this sale. Anyone willing to say what they won?

I got the Jotapian and some Byzantine gold. Was hoping to score the Constans II siliqua also but was the underbidder. Shucks :- )

14. Carthago

Carthago Does this look infected to you?

I had about a dozen coins in the NAC sale, all Roman Republican. I'm still waiting for my check to ship. ;)

akeady likes this.
  15. octavius

octavius Well-Known Member

4947876l.jpg 4948728l.jpg
    I succeeded in winning this Nero As - common , but incredibly beautiful, and this dupondius of Titus. There were so many great coins in this auction. These arrived yesterday.

16. Suarez

Suarez Well-Known Member

Those two ROCK! Especially the Nero, wow. Do the coins really look this nice shade of green or are the pics given the ol' Photoshop juice?

17. octavius

octavius Well-Known Member

The Nero is actually more beautiful in hand with the most intense emerald green color I've seen.
    Congrats on the fantastic Jotapian! I read the write-up in the catalogue. You have a fascinatingly rare coin with a great provenance as well!

18. Terence Cheesman

One of the coins I got was this Nero Aureus RIC 63 66-67 A.D. The main reason I got this coin was the Boscoreale toning. 4947877l.jpg I worried about this coin because the photograph made it look a little dull but the coin is better than the photograph having a rich deep dark golden tone.

Andres2, Orfew, Theodosius and 10 others like this.
  19. Suarez

Suarez Well-Known Member

OMG that is a beauty. Congratulations. Two very very nice Neros tonight. I bet they're joining some very nice collections :- )

20. akeady

akeady Well-Known Member

I got these two RR denarii.

Cr 61/1 - anonymous, Victory & wreath. Ex Student & Mentor collection:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this Cr. 427/2 Memmia denarius. The previous lot was an FDC example which went for nearly 8X as much, this was at the opening bid, I'm happy with it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ATB,
    Aidan.

21. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

You all scored some beautiful coins!

Draft saved Draft deleted