Numismatic Photography, 2nd Edition: $3.76 + free shipping

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Dougmeister, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Thanks Doug, that's a steal, also got $0.08 on Ebay bucks...:D

All 6 sold in about 15 minutes....:eek:

$_12.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  4. kanga

kanga 65 Year Collector

Very good reference.
    And on glossy paper so the images are clear.
    I've got both the 1st and 2nd edition.

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  5. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

6. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Vernon Coin canceled my order, said they were out of stock.

Way to go Vern...:mad:

7. Dougmeister

Yeah, same here.

"I'm out of stock or can't fulfill the order for another reason."

"The seller refunded $3.76 back to your PayPal account, and you don't need to do anything else."

Oh, I'll be doing something else, that's for sure.

8. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Why? Obviously it was a listing error and you're mad that you couldn't take advantage of a decent coin firm?

I'd let it go. But that's just me. Some sellers honor situations like that and some don't. Even the ones who don't, shouldn't be dinged over a simple human error.

It wasn't anything harmful and malicious. Like selling a fake coin. He simply hit 'enter' too soon and didn't realize his mistake until you all bought up all the books at such a 'great price'.

Is it really worth messing up a decent sellers rating?

9. treylxapi47

Between the first two posts it seems obvious that this was an error listing.

Under priced by $20 or so with similar eBay listings ~$25.

Gone in 15 minutes.

And a highly rated, new book?

Seems totally obvious that it was a mistake now, especially offering immediate refunds.

I guess I would just want someone else to have a little sympathy for me if I made a mistake such as that.

10. Dougmeister

You're probably right. It's just I would expect at least a "We're sorry, here's 10% off your next order due to our mistake", etc.

I can be rather petulant at times.

11. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

No problem on this end. I would have rather heard it from Vernon Coins instead of an Ebay generated email.

Oh yeah, if you make a mistake, say you made a mistake.
    Don't lie and say you're out of stock.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  12. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Ah that's a bummer, mine was canceled too. Oh well.

13. treylxapi47

I agree that Vernon should have maybe sent out a personalized email, but I also understand from a business owners perspective that sometimes the generated solution is the easist, quickest, and best prescribed answer.

Unfortunately ebay makes it difficult to rectify these situations and sort of forces you to lie in order to not lose money as a seller. Think about it, ebay generated the email that said he was out of stock. He could only refund for so many accepted options according to ebay and likely chose 'Out of Stock' as the easiest solution or path of least resistance on ebays prompting pages.

In actuality a personalized email afterwards could probably work against him with an unscrupulous buyer. Say he realized the mistake and backed out the same way that he has here by telling ebay he was out of stock. Then emails you guys and says 'hey im sorry, im not out of stock, I just made a listing error on the price and had to pull the auctions'. The unscrupulous buyer could then email ebay and still try to trash this seller because he didnt get his super great steal of a find. The seller would then be out over a simple human error, and possibly effect his way of making money as a business. Over a cheap little book.

I think the way things went down is fine, maybe not the perfect solution, but one of the better ones I would imagine. I just wouldnt hold the seller at too much fault here. Yall took a chance and it didnt pan out, some other great deal will present itself though, and all will be right in the world.

14. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I was thinking when I purchased it that they had an overstock or couldn't sell them.

15. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

You know, you're right, we should have known better and not put poor old Mr. Vernon through so much trouble. I think I'll contact him and tell him how sorry I am.

Vegas Vic likes this.
  16. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Perhaps they ARE out of stock?

Jwt708 likes this.
  17. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

My order was cancelled, too and money refunded. As disappointed as I am in not getting such a great deal, I figure there was an error in pricing and they realized it when they all 'sold' like that. So...

18. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    silentnviolent and Jwt708 like this.
  19. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

guess it was the other reason... can't fulfil at that price

Chiefbullsit likes this.
  20. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

I seem to recall the same thing happening to detecto, and everyone razzed him bad for not only getting the book, but for not returning it as well. So in retrospect it is a good thing the order(s) never went through.

Kasia likes this.
  21. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Draft saved Draft deleted