Numismatic Market Report?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by JCB1983, Jun 2, 2012.

1. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

I'd like to see a market report on all U.S. Series. The David Hall update is cute.. but it is only for high end coins. What resources are available for market trends for say the last year or so? If non are available how could I best go about creating one?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

Greysheet covers some things by a graph for certain issues over the years in their monthly and quarterly supplements. They
    also offer charts on each coin design for a fee.-Matt Draiss

4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I guess it depends on what you call a market report. Coin World and Numismatic News both publish market reports every week. But they take the form of articles not graphs and charts. I always found the CW reports the better of the two. Especially since Roach started writing them. Not sure if he still does since he is the editor now.

You can look at the 3000 Indexes on a daily basis if you want charts. And the CDN stuff mentioned by vnickels is quite good. But again, it depends on what you want.

5. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Subscribe to the graysheet and start plugging data into an excel spreadsheet. Excel can create charts/graphs.

Coin world used to have something like that, graphs of each series. (They may still have something like it for their digital subscribers. I don't know.) And NGC price guide has something like that that can trace the prices back for the past five years. You can even put up to five coins on the same graph to see how they did in comparison.

6. vnickels

vnickels Matt Draiss Numismatics & Galleries

If you want truly realistic pricing though try the Greysheet, as the NGC and Coin World prices will be overpriced.

Draft saved Draft deleted