Numismatic gift suggestions for little ones?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by goldrealmoney79, Nov 28, 2020.

1. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

One more question...semi unrelated. Are there good quality inert albums for airtites out there? If so, what are they.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. messydesk

messydesk Well-Known Member

How young is a key question that needs answering. My recommendation is a handful of mixed foreign stuff with a few old US coins thrown in. Then go to Hobby Lobby and get a little wooden treasure chest. Put the coins in the treasure chest. See if she can figure out where the coins are from, and help her with it. If the interest grows into more than that, then it's time to be more rigorous with the hobby.

Kentucky likes this.
  4. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Different philosophies - chocolate and vanilla - to each his own. The fun is in the searching and finding - not in how you store them. And I'm not suggesting changing the searching and finding in any way.

5. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I just wonder if every coin is put in a 50 cent airtite...that those who are funding this will get tired of it. There's what...100 cents in a Memorial Album? That's $50 in airtites. I just don't think that is necessary when first discovering a love for this hobby.

As for airtite storage albums...I would love to know if you recommend any.

Kentucky likes this.
  6. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

As a young kid, I was totally enthralled by foreign coins (Oooo...where is this country, who spent this...). As I got older, the American issues started to capture my imagination.

Rushmore likes this.
  7. Steve Shupe

Steve Shupe Active Member

I would give a proof set of their birth year, a Buffalo Nickel and a Mercury Dime and of course a Red Book.

8. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

For Christmas why not a group of Coins tied to Christmas themes from around the world might be fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted