Numismatic E-Magazines/Online Paper

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by ma-shops, Mar 22, 2018.

1. ma-shops

ma-shops Well-Known Member

Good Morning Guys,
    long time no hear, but my year started off very chaotic and I'm happy that everything settles now and I'm back again...
    Maybe some of you know that - cold and rainy winter season, kids permanent sick bringing "gifts" as flu and co from the kindergarten :) and on top we are moving and nothing is running as planed... Grrrrr!!!! Anyway - hope you all are well and 2018 will be a good one! (for us all!!!!)

My Question: Does anybody know/can recommend a good online magazine for Coins/Numismatics for free? Serious contents, good writing, different topics (US, Ancient,World Currency, etc.)

Thanks and Cheers,
    Sarah

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

4. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

tmeyer, ma-shops and imrich like this.
  5. ma-shops

Hey, thanks... will check out your recommendations. The first I know already from Charles... I heard another coinworld, but had no time till today to checkout that page. Coinweek is quite interesting, but maybe I will find different websites, too.
    Every author has his own style and view on things...

6. ma-shops

Hey chrisild... aren't u also from Germany? A cold is nasty, too
    Thanks for your reply... excited to check out on the Spanish one. Hope the next days will be some room for that. Is that page in Spanish or other languages available?
    Get well soon... cheers

7. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Coinworld will post teasers but they're a subscription pub.

ma-shops likes this.
  8. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

No, todo en español ... which I do not speak (yep, I'm in Germany) but understand to a limited extent. For comprehension needs beyond that :) there is a Google Translate button and menu in the column on the right.

Christian

ma-shops likes this.
  9. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

I don't have the link handy but there is also e-sylum.

ma-shops likes this.
  10. samclemens3991

samclemens3991 Well-Known Member

Try the Newman Numismatic Portal. It is a compilation site that features thousands of articles and artifacts concerning coins.

ma-shops likes this.
  11. Dug13

Dug13 Well-Known Member

I like news.coinupdate.com.

ma-shops likes this.
  12. John Skelton

John Skelton Morgan man!

I also suggest your local library. Mine allows members to access most of the magazines they carry. That's how I get to read Coins magazine for free.

ma-shops likes this.
  13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I was going to recommend the Newman numismatic portal as well, hundreds of copies of magazines available on various topics, for example if you like large cents there are 38 years worth of EAC's Penny Wise online roughly 27,000 pages. You like seated coinage? The Gobrecht Journal is also online. For colonials I believe the C-4 Journal is online, and there are many others. Over all there are more than a million pages available, and they are constantly adding more.

ma-shops likes this.
  14. sakata

sakata Devil's Advocate

Do you have a link?

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

16. ma-shops

Wow, thanks! That's a lot of stuff to go through. Need some time to check out...
    hopefully my girls will leave some spare time at the moment

Draft saved Draft deleted