NT or AT 1909 VDB?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by toned_morgan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. toned_morgan

toned_morgan Toning Lover

Is this natural or artificial? I'm pretty sure it's natural because I have seen plenty of these blue toned wheat pennies in professional slabs, but I just want to make sure I'm spending my money wisely. Also what grade are you saying on this one? I think it is MS65 RB because the fields seem very clean.

Capture d’écran 2018-10-18 à 17.49.12.png Capture d’écran 2018-10-18 à 17.49.06.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

I'm not too sure on this one. Looks like it lost it's original skin. Sort of looks AU58 retoned.

4. toned_morgan

toned_morgan Toning Lover

Hmm... If it's AU and retoned, then I should reconsider bidding on it... Except how does it still have amazing luster if it is AU?

5. C-B-D

C-B-D Well-Known Member

AU coins don't have amazing luster? News to me.

6. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Looks cleaned and retoned to me. I'd pass on it. It looks pretty but I don't buy pretty, I buy the coin.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  7. BadThad

BadThad Calibrated for Lincolns

100% market acceptable toning. Looks to be around MS-64.

8. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

Been dipped. but nice coin.

9. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

10. RonSanderson

RonSanderson Supporter! Supporter

I’ll go with poorly lighted and over-exposed, but I think it’s a lot like mine. 01c 1909 VDB #02 full 04.JPG

Paul_62 and C-B-D like this.
  11. SilverDollar2017

SilverDollar2017 Morgan dollars

Looks a bit like it was cleaned and retoned to me. I'd want some pics with different lighting, personally.

12. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

I can see it getting a straight grade, but at most MS-63. I see a lot of noise on the left side of the obverse, and to the right of the bust. Maybe give it a Xylene bath if you win it.

Draft saved Draft deleted