Now I’ve seen it all!!! - Rick Harrison signed NGC labels

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Mikey S, Sep 16, 2019.

1. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

The antique book expert was more Meow's type.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mikey S

Mikey S Member

4. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

I don't know enough about Rick to say much. I understand he is a collector and makes some of the major shows. I'm not ready to start calling him names.
    I believe if you pay NGC enough, you can sign the label.

5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Exactly my reaction. I don’t fault an operation that positions itself for a television program thus increasing their bottom line. But seriously, what has a TV program like this contributed to the numismatic community?

6. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

I don't know why people complain that the show is scripted and rehearsed. How many people would watch a show where people and a camera crew sit around all season hoping someone will bring something interesting instead of the usual generic stuff that typically comes in? And then if by some miracle something does come in, the staff then knows absolutely nothing about it and can't explain the history or story behind it, and has no idea what it might be worth.

Because he contributed a large check to NGC.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  7. whopper64

whopper64 Well-Known Member

In 2016, I had the dubious honor of being in one of their taped shows. There were four of us, and we were shuttled off to the "backup" set where Chumlee was trying to read his script without stumbling. Set-up included several "look-alike" cases and we were supposed to just walk around and act interested without looking at the camera. We were told not to publicize the fact that they had a "backup" set. We had a good time, but they refused to tell us when the episode would be shown (or they just didn't know). We never did see it. Did not see the "old man" but we did get a glimpse of Rick, and his son as they were getting ready to tape in the main room. One other thing, after the taping I was talking to the guy who had brought in the item Chumlee was looking at. Seems he was a paid actor who lived in Vegas, and had done several shows over the years. Go figure about the reality!

wxcoin likes this.
  8. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

Mine too. She's awesome.

9. You sure the decimal point is in the right place?

10. Rick Stachowski

Rick Stachowski Motor City Car Capital

Looks fine to me ..

11. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Are you expecting reality in "Reality Television"? NONE of the Reality TV programs are real.

wxcoin and Johndoe2000$ like this.
  12. Johndoe2000$

13. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Just admit it. You really want this coin!

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
  14. Johndoe2000$

Trying to hunt it down, but dang Chum-Lee won't respond to my emails. ;)

15. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

After watching him a few times I wonder if he's even able to respond.

Johndoe2000$ likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted