Not your ordinary nickle!

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Mernskeeter, Jan 29, 2019.

?

Is it no ticky no shirty..or does a couple full steps count as something?

1. Good:|

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Great:)

11.1%
  3. Ok:/

88.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mernskeeter

Mernskeeter Active Member

I've had this nickle for 7 years..

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

You forgot to put Nope in your poll o_O

The Nickel has nothing.

wxcoin, PlanoSteve and chascat like this.
  4. Muzyck

Muzyck Rabbits!

I vote "nickel".

coin_nut and wxcoin like this.
  5. Mernskeeter

Classy
    I want to think 2 steps count as something...

6. Mernskeeter

Welp..these votes are bubble-busters

7. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

It's a 1964. 2 steps doesn't mean anything. Although the value of your nickel from 7 years ago is now worth 4 cents.

coin roll likes this.
  8. David Post

David Post Good times

Is there something special about a 1964 nickel? I just went through 3 rolls and found about 10 of them . . .

Anything I should be looking for?

Mernskeeter likes this.
  9. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Not particularly. Unless it’s in mint condition, and has full steps, it’s not really worth anything more than any other nickel.

10. Mernskeeter

Check out a guy on YouTube "Blue ridge silver hound" he has reported specifically on this nickle and it's popularity even though it was highly minted.
    I like "couch collectables" also..this guy reported the error coins of this year as well.
    YouTube searches teach me a bunch being so new to collecting. I am loving learning about coins in general. I am definitely appreciating even the most mundane of coins even apart from thier monetary value.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  11. frankjg

frankjg Well-Known Member

I’m glad you are interested in coins and you are in the right place to learn. However, YouTube is not your friend.

It is full of misinformation and clickbait.

Read this excellent post for more info on why you should steer clear of YouTube for numismatics

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/yo...t-you-need-to-know.330269/page-8#post-3332941

12. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I think it's great that you're enthusiastic about coins, but here's some information about errors that are written by some of the foremost authorities on error coins. http://www.error-ref.com

Mernskeeter likes this.
  13. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Sorry OP.... Geez, they should ban these phony coin hawksters from YouTube.

14. Mernskeeter

I didn't realize these youtube guys were charlatans! Coin cons hmm? What is their angle? Is there a book that is like the holy grail for currency chasers?

15. Mernskeeter

Thank you so much

16. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Apparently they are monetarily rewarded somehow for the number of views their posts get. So they get pretty outlandish with their claims. I mean..... When word gets out you can cash in with common pocket change.... Well who wouldn’t want to go see what that’s all about?

-jeffB and Mernskeeter like this.
  17. Mernskeeter

I really apprieciate your possitive style of informing me just how to better myself tword successful searching!

capthank and Seattlite86 like this.
  18. Mernskeeter

I see your point:/

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  19. RoadDog

RoadDog Member

1964's are very very common....... haha

20. Mernskeeter

Yes very common. I just thought givin the condition and having 2 full steps AND having a doubling of sorts at the bottom under where the steps would end made a difference. This is the only nickle I've found from this year with [any] steps or what I'm referring to as doubling (being new to coin collecting) Hence the title: [to me] Not your ordanary nickle.

RoadDog likes this.
  21. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

They are monetarily rewarded for posting however not all of them are bad and you can get a lot of good information from YouTube just as you can get a lot of good information here. Bad information abounds EVERYWHERE. It is a little more controlled here though.

Mernskeeter and capthank like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted