"Not Yet Assigned"

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Atarian, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

What does it mean when you bring up your PCGS submission order and a line item is listed as "Not Yet Assigned" under "Description" and "Country" is "N/A"?

The coin in question is a 1990 10 NIS "Archaeology" proof from Israel. 1850 were minted. Does it mean none have been graded yet?

Thanks...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It probably means that they haven't been able to authenticate it yet. How long has PCGS had your submission?

Chris

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

I've had it happen a couple times on world coins. Best I can make of it is it hasn't been graded yet and the initial person who put it into the system wasn't sure.

5. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

PCGS has three of them in their Population. Therefore, I guess your status to mean it hasn't gotten in front of the person whose expertise encompasses it yet.

http://www.pcgs.com/pop/detail.aspx?c=6251

Atarian and Stevearino like this.
  6. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the replies (and link). I'm pretty sure it's not a fake as it was in a set from Heritage. I do recall when entering the coin their site could not auto-fill the line like it usually can for other coins, i.e. it was not in their listing. They received the submission April 1 and had the coins listed by line item/denomination/country early last week.

As an aside, has anyone here ever gotten a counterfeit coin from Heritage?

7. jester3681

jester3681 Exonumia Enthusiast

This happens for me when the info I enter in the order page doesn't immediately generate a PCGS number. Stuff like odd world coins and tokens. It's nice that it happens... It's my clue that the grades are about to come back. Once actual information is in the system, you know the order is in the grader's hands.

Atarian likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted