Not sure what kind of error this person is claiming...

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by mlov43, Feb 26, 2016.

1. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Yea PMD, below is a picture of what an actual "missing dies" coin looks like:

4. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

There's no pic....

Oh, wait. :p

That's the Joke.jpg

Hiddendragon and Numismat like this.
  5. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

and from one of my favorite places to buy coins from poh., Perak., Malaysia:wacky:

6. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

yup, PMD.

idiot

7. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

I especially like the way he tried to get around the limitations placed on him by the English alphabet when trying to explain, in print, what kind of "error" he's got:
    Missing dies error ( 1970 > 197C ) ( O > C )

Now if that missing part of the '0' were on the left side, he would have been pretty hard-pressed, huh?

8. Paul M.

Ɔh really?

mlov43 and Numismat like this.
  9. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

I just added this item to my watch list to see if some idiot actually purchases it :wacky:

Paul M. likes this.
  10. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

In all honesty, Korean and Japanese error coins are quite hard to come by. This also includes greased dies, off center, clashed dies etc. I don't remember having in my collection other than one misaligned die each from both Korea and Japan which were struck 100+ years ago.

mlov43 likes this.
  11. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

This is also my experience. I haven't been collecting Korean and Japanese contemporary coins for decades and decades, but from what I can tell so far, there really are not many errors to be had for collectors. I've seen 500 Won rotated dies, a 1970 Silver Proof set with a couple of coins that had doubled legends and rotated dies (they weren't made in Korea anyway), and I own a 1969 1Won die crack error, myself. But, yeah, there really aren't many to be had. I don't think I've ever seen a contemporary Japanese coin error.

12. ffrickey

ffrickey Junior Member

PMD = pretty much damaged?

Paul M. likes this.
  13. Paul M.

Post Mint Damage

Draft saved Draft deleted