NOT Missing Clad on both sides! Ebay foolery :(

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by paddyman98, Feb 20, 2020.

1. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

@cpm9ball
    You're going to love this one :hilarious:

Pure Environmental Damage! :banghead:
    Capture+_2020-02-20-05-21-18.png Capture+_2020-02-20-05-21-45.png Capture+_2020-02-20-05-22-00.png Capture+_2020-02-20-05-22-15.png

The last 2 pictures the seller posted are of the coin upside down.. Like that's going to make any difference :meh:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

I should list my metal detected example on ebay.. But I know better!
    KenObv.jpg KenRev.jpg

Heavymetal and Marie909 like this.
  4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

@paddyman98

It doesn't look anything like mine. Besides, it's a Philly, not a Denver. ~ Chris:wacky:

-jeffB, Heavymetal and paddyman98 like this.
  5. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Send him a note. Tell him you have plenty of inventory that you will happily sell him for 50% off.

6. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Do you bother to report it to EBay?
    Or message the seller?
    I used to do that but I don't think anyone cares about integrity or honesty anymore.

7. paddyman98

Out of 10 messages I send to sellers with the same kind of garbage 1 will thank me and unlist it.. The other 9 will tell me to mind my own business and to get lost! It's not worth trying anymore.

8. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

You are right, it has become a fruitless endeavor for the most part. But I'm wondering if it would be better to follow these from time to time and then message the buyer about the fake they have purchased? For instance, in the case of your real ones, send them a photo attachment with the explanation.

9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

eBay long, long ago decided to conceal buyer identities on completed auctions. I don't think there's any way to do what you suggest.

10. cpm9ball

I'm waiting for the day when a "numismatically challenged" seller lists a clad coin "missing the copper core" because he doesn't see any copper on the edge.
    ~ Chris

paddyman98 likes this.
  11. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

As the song goes "Ain't that a shame".

12. cpm9ball

In 2005, an eBay seller listed a 2001-D Kennedy missing the clad layer as a one-of-a-kind. So, I messaged him (with a photo of the slab) to let him know that I also had one. He immediately changed his listing and even acknowledged that mine looked better than his. He sold it raw for $555! ~ Chris

13. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Only if he gets his "buy if now " price :)

paddyman98 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted