Not GTG.. but please I would very much like your opinions...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by mrweaseluv, Oct 25, 2021.

?

grade???

1. Details... but why?

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. AU

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. xf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. vf

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. f

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. vg

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. g

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  8. ag

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. p

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Ok most of you guys have seen this coin before but the big question here is what are they calling "surface damage" in you opinion... Not the best pics but the slab is old and scratched making it hard to get clear pics... I am again considering sending it to NGC and see how it comes back (worst case really is that it stays the same grade lol) I've included more pic then usual some with flash some without to give you the best views through the plastic :D
    20211025_203116.jpg 20211025_203150.jpg 20211025_203419_HDR.jpg 20211025_203437.jpg 20211025_203507.jpg 20211025_203521_HDR.jpg 20211025_203847.jpg

potty dollar 1878 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Vess1

Vess1 CT SP VIP

It's a nice date. I wouldn't bother sending it in again. That surface is uniformly rough and it'll details grade again. It looks like it's been ran over in a parking lot for a while. Who knows what caused it but its pretty severe.

David Betts likes this.
  4. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

at this point the plastic looking like that is 1/2 the reason to send it in lol on a side note it is also the reason i got it for a great price at the time ($27)

5. ddddd

ddddd Member

The surfaces have a porous look and I agree with @Vess1 that it would details again. You got a good deal but sending it again would be needlessly spending funds. I think the max value will be attained in the current PCGS holder.

Dearborn likes this.
  6. Dearborn

Dearborn Above average collector - Is that an Error?

It looks like the coin has spent time time in an environment that has eroded the surface some. Would almost say acid, but that would be too extreme, maybe in in the ground or a heavily humid area?

Dynoking likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I feel it would come details again for the reason listed. Yes the slab is bad but no worth the cost to replace. Try some Turtle Wax Headlight Lens Restorer. It can’t hurt unless the plastic has a hole or crack in it.

Dearborn likes this.
  8. Vertigo

Vertigo Did someone say bust?

Yes the turtle wax lens restorer works miraculously on pcgs slabs. Yes the surface damage is the pits in the fields. And it would probably details again. I would just clean that slab up.

Dearborn likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted