Not FS but pretty nice for 1940

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Tyler Graton, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

aside from the yellow mark, this nickel is about the same condition as my 1987 but just a little bit more worn. IMG_0214.JPG IMG_0210.JPG IMG_0213.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

1940 is a very common date for a Jefferson and even in that condition it's not worth more than a dime. That series has a number of key and semi key dates, but the 1940 is usually a spender unless it is AU or above.

Tyler Graton likes this.
  4. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Well-Known Member

Meh I still like it haha I keep all the older dates no matter what condition but I usually leave the 1964s unless they look as good as this or better. lol I don't have much in my collection or at least I don't think i do

ddddd and Heater like this.
  5. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Nice, if you don't have one already may I suggest buying Jefferson nickel folders. The series can be completed solely out of circulation and roll hunting with a good amount of luck, and if you complete the majority of it and want to buy the rest to complete the set the key coins are very affordable.
    It's a great starter set if you're new to the coin collecting world and have an interest in 20th century US coins.

ddddd likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted