Not FS but pretty nice for 1940

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Tyler Graton, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Active Member

aside from the yellow mark, this nickel is about the same condition as my 1987 but just a little bit more worn. IMG_0214.JPG IMG_0210.JPG IMG_0213.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

1940 is a very common date for a Jefferson and even in that condition it's not worth more than a dime. That series has a number of key and semi key dates, but the 1940 is usually a spender unless it is AU or above.

Tyler Graton likes this.
  4. Tyler Graton

Tyler Graton Active Member

Meh I still like it haha I keep all the older dates no matter what condition but I usually leave the 1964s unless they look as good as this or better. lol I don't have much in my collection or at least I don't think i do

ddddd and Heater like this.
  5. Mad Stax

Mad Stax Well-Known Member

Nice, if you don't have one already may I suggest buying Jefferson nickel folders. The series can be completed solely out of circulation and roll hunting with a good amount of luck, and if you complete the majority of it and want to buy the rest to complete the set the key coins are very affordable.
    It's a great starter set if you're new to the coin collecting world and have an interest in 20th century US coins.

ddddd likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted