Not an aureus but still an Eid Mar

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by AncientJoe, Oct 29, 2020.

1. MasterVampire

MasterVampire Active Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jdmKY

jdmKY Well-Known Member

Yes, you did. It was a lot of fun. Rick was great and I thoroughly enjoyed getting to meet Dave Vagi! (And I’m never selling it).

4. MasterVampire

MasterVampire Active Member

So I gotta know: Did you just randomly walk in off the street one day into the Pawn Shop or was it really all planned and rehearsed?

Orange Julius and Egry like this.
  5. jdmKY

jdmKY Well-Known Member

There was no rehearsal, the first time Rick and I met is what you see on video. Let’s just say I didn’t just happen to be in Vegas carrying around an EID MAR (nor was Dave Vagi loitering around the pawn shop hoping an interesting ancient would show up).

6. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

What a beautiful coin!
    Was the negotiating for real? In other words, if you had agreed on a price, would the deal have actually gone through?

7. jdmKY

jdmKY Well-Known Member

Yes.

Nemo likes this.
  8. svessien

svessien Senior Member

My daughter likes Pawn Stars, and found this very cool.

I found the way you left the shop, calmly putting your 150 000$ coin in your breast pocket before hitting the street rather cool. Although I though «don’t go losing that sweetheart now!»

jdmKY likes this.
  9. AncientJoe

AncientJoe Well-Known Member

I've said this before but I'm glad Rick is a cheapskate who clearly didn't appreciate what he had on his table! The coin deserves a far better price than he offered.

Orange Julius and jdmKY like this.
  10. jdmKY

jdmKY Well-Known Member

Thanks, Joe!

Draft saved Draft deleted