Not a 64 ;-)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by micbraun, May 29, 2016.

1. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I am submitting a couple of ANACS/ICG coins to NGC tomorrow... they need to be NGC-graded before they can be added to my registry set. There's one coin I re-submit just to see if they undergraded it last time or if I am too blinded by the lovely toning and luster to see any distracting marks...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Now guess what'll happen next :)

[​IMG]
    Ooops...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    No matter what this coin looks like on those mediocre pics (taken in my basement) this coin has so much luster and nice peripheral toning. Update in a couple of weeks... :)

Skyman, Paul_62, Travlntiques and 5 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Good Lord, it's lovely.........:)

micbraun likes this.
  4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Best of luck with the upgrade........do keep us posted. :)

Seattlite86 likes this.
  5. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I sure will... but submissions from Europe even take longer. Sleepless nights... hehe

6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

What if they send it back as an MS 63? :arghh:

Seattlite86 likes this.
  7. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

I wouldn't mind as long as the more valuable coins grade higher ;-) the chatter in the fields is not as visible in hand as on the pics... this coin is going to NGC for fun anyway, it's not for my registry set.

Seattlite86 and paddyman98 like this.
  8. Dancing Fire

Dancing Fire Junior Member

What is the price difference b/t a 64 and 65?

spirityoda likes this.
  9. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

price guide? $9 more or less?
    It's not about the value, it's about the "resubmission" experience... it comes back 63, I'll post a rant, it comes back 65, I'll tell you "hey I knew" ;-)

Jaelus and easj3699 like this.
  10. SuperDave

SuperDave Free the Cartwheels!

Then he takes care to liquidate it in front of the correct demographic, and gets the highest price ever paid for a 63. :)

11. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

It's only a 63 but one of the rare '59 missing mm quarters ;-)

Kentucky likes this.
  12. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Well I can't say that I really disagree with 64, but I wouldn't disagree with 65 either. It's certainly the high end of 64 at minimum.

Jaelus likes this.
  13. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

Lol

14. redcent230

redcent230 Well-Known Member

A lot of the time they make mistakes in grading and you wonder why we all trust the company. I usually don't buy the slab, I would buy the coin first

15. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

That's what I did... I bought it raw and submitted it myself like 1 or 2 years ago.

Santinidollar likes this.
  16. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

Pleasant looking 1959 Washie, but as a collector of both raw and slabbed Washingtons I do not understand your having it slabbed at all, much less twice. From the images it is IMO at best a 65, but that still is only a $25 coin, and your minimum grading fee would be $16 (NOT including postage etc.). Given what raw 1959's go for, even nicely toned ones, you could easily have found another one for each time you sent the coin to be graded. Save the slabbing fees, and buy more Washingtons. Get a Dansco and put the '59 (and the rest of the Washies you are buying raw) in there.

In any case, it is a nice looking coin.

17. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

My bet is that it will go 64 again.

18. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

But, the "Registry points" and "Registry Position" added to the "I just KNEW thay got it wrong and I made a GREAT PURCHASE" points are "Invaluable". 10_9_206.gif

micbraun and Kirkuleez like this.
  19. micbraun

micbraun coindiccted

It's exactly about that. I just want to know :)
    ...and they have a five-coin minimum for value/modern service tier, I needed one more coin and wanted to add the best coin.

green18 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted