Norway

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Siberian Man, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

King Olav V (1957-1991).
    5 kroner 1975, copper-nickel, weight -11,5 g., mintage - 1191813 pcs."100th anniversary of krone system". The single release only.

Attached Files:

• 65.jpg
      65.jpg
      File size:
      70.1 KB
      Views:
    • 66.jpg
      66.jpg
      File size:
      68.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Siberian Man

King Olav V (1957-1991).
    10 kroner 1986, copper-zinc-nickel, weight - 9 g., mintage - 29060950 pcs. A coins of this type were released at 1983-91.

Attached Files:

• 67.jpg
      67.jpg
      File size:
      43.7 KB
      Views:
    • 68.jpg
      68.jpg
      File size:
      33.7 KB
      Views:
  4. I really like the rampant lion, it's a very "clean" design.

5. Thank You so VERY much Siberian Man for the photos and the information! You are a true gentleman.

6. juantrillo

juantrillo Member

7. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

my 1905 Norway 2 Kroner: in my "coins with hands" topical/themed coin collection

cc 13 089.jpg cc 13 090.jpg

not the best grade.... but it will do for now. I liked the hands shaking.

8. Siberian Man

Rather expensive coin. I'd say - about $450 !

9. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

That's a 1906 ;)

10. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

Yep, but it commemorates Norway's independence in 1905. ;) Interestingly, when Norway issued its "independence centennial" coins, they issued coins in 2003, 2004 and 2005 ...

Christian

11. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

opps my bad. thanks silentnviolent. i was looking on the wrong side dohhh!!!

12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

I bought that coin about 10 years ago for about $40.00-50.00 I need to make better records of my coin buys.

my new 2013 Krause world coin catalog info goes as follows:

Norway
    KM#363 2 Kroner metal- .800 silver 31MM size
    1906 mintage 100,000
    values- VG-$23.00 F-$50.00 VF-$90.00 XF-$140.00 BU-$285.00
    would you please tell me what grade do you all think I have ? I am guessing VF-XF ??? let me know thanks, Craig.

13. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

it says XF grade on my 2X2. do you all agree with this grade ?

14. Siberian Man

I'd say - XF. And a prices in Krauze are much lower than in real life.

15. silentnviolent

All the cool kids were doing it, so I did too! ;) Here's a Norway 1910 2 Kroner. 150,000 minted, same as the 1911 but for some reason the 1910 commands higher prices :)

Attached Files:

16. All great coins everybody, I see I have quite a bit to learn here LOL. Thanks for the posts!

17. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

wow thanks Siberian Man. do you really think it's worth $450.00 ? awesome. are you judging this value where you live and would I get this value in the U.S.A too ?

18. silentnviolent

Can you believe that a dealer offered me MELT for that 2 Kroner yesterday at a coin show??? Or a trade for a Kennedy half :rollling: Cheap-O! BTW, none of the dealers had junk silver out this time. In fact, there was not a single double eagle out for sale at any tables either. Wonder how long they can stand to sit on everything before they simply HAVE to break down and sell for liquidity? If it hadn't been for the conversation(s) with a few of the 'better' dealers there, and been my little brother's second show, I wouldn't have been happy at all!

19. Siberian Man

It's a price in Russia. Sorry, I don't know the price in USA.

20. Mynter

Mynter Active Member

I am taking my self the liberty to link the thread on coins of Denmark here : http://www.cointalk.com/t226674/

Now we are only missing a thread on swedish coins to have the once singular currency of the former " Scandinavian Currency Union " assembled .
    If you compare the coins minted in the three kingdoms between 1873 and 1921 , you will find that a certain denomination has the same diameter, alloy and weight in either Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
    In 1873 Denmark and Sweden formed a common new coin based on the gold standard as an answer to gold replacing the silver for good in the second half of the 19th century. Norway joined in in 1876 after first having tried to go a seperat way with the " speciedaler gold " from 1874 to 75.
    All coins of one member state where legal tender in the other states two as well, as 1 krone was 1 krone, regardless of the obvers to depict king Haakon, king Oscar or king Christian.
    It is funny though that in spite of that we have records of single " actions of repatriating " swedish coins back to Sweden in exchange for danish coins wich where sendt back to Denmark.
    After the outbreak of WW I banknotes where no longer redeemed in gold coins, and this actually marks the practical end of the Currency union. During the war the value of the krone in the member states began to differ and finally in 1923 the " side convention of the right to issue coinage for the use in one country only " was signed. From that date on you can speek of a norwegen krone, swedish krone and danish krone and we get the large danish 10 øre and 25 øre and centerholes in both danish and norwegian coins.

Best regards, Mynter

21. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

XF price would be $140 then.

Draft saved Draft deleted