Norway 1918/16 25 Øre

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by KurtS, Oct 9, 2015.

1. KurtS

KurtS Die variety collector

Thanks to a friend, I've added this nice overdate to my collection. It's a strong overdate--easily visible despite some wear and corrosion:

[​IMG]

The markers match those on my reference photo:

[​IMG]

While this overdate is often listed as 1918/6, it is actually a 1918/16--since the last two digits were repunched. By this time, dies used at the Kongsberg mint had the first two digits on the hub. Here, it's straightforward to assume that both digits were part of a single punch used to update the die.

Thanks again Numismat! :D

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Another Hawk eye collector..... Kurt you're amazing when it comes to Variety collecting .:peeking::watching::eggface::wideyed: Nice find my friend .

KurtS likes this.
  4. Aidan_()

Aidan_() Numismatic Contributor

Excellent overdate Kurt. ;)

KurtS likes this.
  5. KurtS

Thanks! I should clarify--this was a gift, a friend found it.

6. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Well in that case you suck......lol J/K

KurtS likes this.
  7. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

Nice shots! My photos never come out this good with small details, like overdates :)

KurtS likes this.
  8. KurtS

Thanks...I am pushing maximum resolution on a 36mpx camera with a very sharp macro lens. And circulated silver is one of the harder surfaces to photograph--a lot of reflective details can distract. I should have posted the full-size closeup of the overdate:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    swamp yankee and Aidan_() like this.
  9. swamp yankee

swamp yankee Well-Known Member

Great find "eagle-eye"congrats

10. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

What was your imaging set up (camera, etc)?

11. KurtS

I use a Nikon D810 body with a 60mm micro lens. When I shoot, the camera is on a copy stand and controlled remotely by computer software to minimize camera shake. I also use focus stacking of several images, combined into one final image for maximum sharpness.

Draft saved Draft deleted