North Korean "slab storage"

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by mlov43, Oct 14, 2018.

1. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

I thought some of you might like to see this item. Perhaps you've seen it already?

A "soft" velvet-lined and faux-leather exterior container for your slabbed DPRK coins.

Pretty sure that the materials and glue that this box is made out of are probably not good for coins... But when you whip this out at the next meeting of your local coin club, you'll be the envy of the crowd. They'll say to themselves, "I wish I was as cool as that guy! I gotta get me wonna them!"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KOREA-Cent...vip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720
    Screen Shot 2018-10-14 at 8.23.01 AM.png

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    jj00, Seattlite86, PlanoSteve and 3 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Was hoping for a picture of Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il, or Kim Jong Un when you opened it up :p

PlanoSteve likes this.
  4. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Aw, snap! That would be kool, too. Three portraits of the bloody-minded Kim family leaders on the inside top cover of that box! That way, when you close the lid, they can also keep an eye on your coins... Magical powers they have.

Stevearino and furryfrog02 like this.
  5. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

Might be interesting to throw a few raw coins in there, stick in the basement or on a window sill and check back in a few months/years to see what happens to them ;). I love boxes and storage things, but somehow can't place 'real' goodies in them without at least one layer of intercept involved :D.

6. coin_nut

coin_nut Well-Known Member

The leather is most likely poodle or Labrador...

Stevearino likes this.
  7. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Kentucky likes this.
  8. coin_nut

Would you believe I went out shopping one evening in Busan, looking at leather jackets and spotted a right nice one. Asked the seller what kind of fur that was on the collar, and he said "Mink". I know what mink looks like. I told him "Hell no, that there is POODLE!".

Stevearino likes this.
  9. Stork

Stork I deliver Supporter

:vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

I know it's a bit hypocritical as to WHICH animals are 'pets' or 'friends' vs. 'meat'...but so gross.

For the love of your eyeballs don't google photos about the dog meat festivals in Asia. Apparently it is 'tradition' for some that the more the animal suffers before dying, the more tasty and desirable the meat is.

I have nothing against hunting, eating meat, or having working dogs/animals, but the end of life sadism is beyond the pale.

Off topic minor rant--
    One of my dogs came from an international rescue (Spain, which is not known for treating the working dogs humanely after the hunting season is over, so don't google galgos and hanging trees either--suffice to say the 'good' dogs hang high and suffer less. The 'slower' or 'bad' dogs hang low so their back paws touch the ground and they 'dance' for hours or days until they hang). The rescue also takes in sighthounds obtained from the Asian dog meat markets.

10. Skubalon

Skubalon Member

Most people store their coins like this:
    [​IMG]

Kentucky and YoloBagels like this.
  11. coin_nut

12. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

I find it cool, but hate the idea that someone bought that and provided money to that regime. I'll end my comment there so I don't in trouble for being "political".

13. tibor

tibor Supporter! Supporter

I wonder what the turn around times are
    at the OP pictured TPG.

mlov43 likes this.
  14. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Does it have a handle?

15. MikeinWyo

MikeinWyo Member

I wish I wouldn't have read that Stork:arghh:

mlov43 likes this.
  16. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

alurid likes this.
  17. Thierry Pruvost

Thierry Pruvost Active Member

Be careful there is a micro and a camera in the box :)

18. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

That would be a People's Republic of China coin-slab box, ...except half of the mics and cameras in them wouldn't work.

This North Korean slab box is actually made in China.

Draft saved Draft deleted