North Korea

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by joecoincollect, Aug 22, 2014.

1. lex1705

lex1705 Member

In Russia. I live in Germany,but was born in Russia and I keep contacts with many russians.
    The most of them are from other russians coins collectors.10 won 1996 with a flag,20 won 2005 with the king Dongmyeong,1500 won 2006 with an arch and the medal with Kim Jong Il and Putin I've bought from some coins collector,his brother has worked in russian embassy in Pyongyang .The coin with a flag he received as a gift from somebody there,but the other coins and the medal he bought in NK himself :cigar:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lex1705

lex1705 Member

These are coins also from my collection,these I've bought in Germany,but it's nothing special .I see here sports coins of KN very often,but I'll buy them at the last moment,when I'll put a set together of more rare coins on DPRK.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

Gorgeous Proofs!!!! The detail is amazing and some of the coins look like they have doubling. :artist:

5. Suni

Suni New Member

I have a coin. Some one had a bunch of coins they were selling for a penny each. Later I found out it was NORTH. Korean. I also bought Soviet coin. And some old Irish coins. And Chinese when it was an English colony.

6. lex1705

lex1705 Member

Here are new purchases,that I've got over the past few months:shame:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. lex1705

lex1705 Member

These are coins,what I have bought already,but they are yet in Russia,I'll get them soon;)
    I don't have an original picture of my 50 won 1992:angelic:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. lex1705

lex1705 Member

This coin isn't mine,but as I know,it doesn't listed in any catalog:greedy:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KSorbo, GSDykes and Siberian Man like this.
  9. lex1705

lex1705 Member

This is the very first issue of silver and gold commemorative medals to 75-th birthday of Kim Il Sung,in five years have been released coins with the same portrait to 80-th birthday of Kim Il Sung .
    [​IMG]

GSDykes likes this.
  10. lex1705

lex1705 Member

11. lex1705

lex1705 Member

I've got a couple of new coins for my collection:)

12. lex1705

lex1705 Member

Now in my collection :cigar:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  13. lex1705

lex1705 Member

The XXL size coin:shame:

Attached Files:

14. dv8

dv8 New Member

I'm working on my undefeated military power set. Not much more to go. :happy::angelic: Mintage of 500 Ea.

[​IMG]

When I was young I used to be in the Air Force and worked in nuclear missiles so NK was always a topic and that's sorta why I got started on this collection. I think the set looks nice with my awards and badges.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Stork and sonlarson like this.
  15. lex1705

lex1705 Member

Nice coins!
    For myself I like to collect,actually,coins till 2008.They are more rare,it makes my more fun to have them;)
    This is the first coin of rocket serie(there are 5 and 10 won) - both are pretty rare.
    Korea N. 5-1999 Space.jpg

dv8 likes this.
  16. dv8

dv8 New Member

Thanks. I have my eye out for a silver PR of the kwangmyongsong-1. I have the brass and alu kwang-1... I just got the newest Hwasong-14 ungraded but in DPRK packaging with COA. Pretty soon I'll be looking for the Kim's and worker's party. But I have seen a brass Kim and it was astronomically expensive.

I updated my photo's for my inventory purposes and wanted to share something more visible lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. dv8

dv8 New Member

oh lex, is that your youtube channel? I subscribe to that. Nice channel!!! Very nice and lovely collection

18. lex1705

lex1705 Member

There are also 1 kg rockets coins;)
    TB2NPq5XA7mBKNjSZFyXXbydFXa_!!0-fleamarket.jpg_728x728.jpg TB2RkCeaeuSBuNjSsplXXbe8pXa_!!0-fleamarket.jpg_728x728.jpg TB2uTeeamCWBuNjy0FhXXb6EVXa_!!0-fleamarket.jpg_728x728.jpg
    Coins with Kims and the other portei jubileums are not very common.
    Brass or aluminium is more common,but silver or even gold - is realy hard to finde them all.There are also some coins with Kims,what has not listed in any catalouges!
    Yes,prices are not cheap,but I know a lot of coins of China,Pandas for exempel,wich have the same price or even more expensive,but if you have money you can easy buy the whole collection in a couple of days.But coins of NK you can not buy so easy,even if you have money,there is no offer on the market:rolleyes:

19. lex1705

lex1705 Member

If you mean the NK coins collector channel - it's me.
    Thanks for subscribe:happy:
    The last time I have very few new coins.I have these three in Russia,but they will come to me only this autumn,then I will make a video of them.
    IMG_2026-28-11-17-10-49.JPG DSC00163.JPG 444.jpg

dv8 likes this.
  20. dv8

dv8 New Member

I haven't seen the 1Kg rocket. My. God. That is incredible. You have quite the source.

You are right in that even if you have the money, you just have to find them...bc well, there's no amount of money that can get them if you don't know who has them or where they are...especially in gold bc theres so few made.

21. lex1705

lex1705 Member

I just saw that 1kg coins in web,maybe on taobao or like that,do not remember,I saved photos only.I guess thre were two or three differents coins in this serie.

Actually,we do not know how many coins in gold or other metals were made
    It used to think,that a few were made,but it is also possibly,that there are more,than we think,and those coins just keeps somebody rich in NK.
    Also,coins with portrets are most popular,but there are coins,wich are more rare.
    For exampel these coins.These coins is more difficult to find,than some portrets coins.
    hjjhk[1].JPG DSC02064[1].JPG DSC00643[1].JPG

Draft saved Draft deleted