North Korea

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by joecoincollect, Aug 22, 2014.

1. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

He's going to miss a lot of Rodman's tweets.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GSDykes

GSDykes Well-Known Member

The Turtle ship series of 5 won coins is a winner. Got my hands on a beautiful 1988. From 1995 -2012, they are quite rare!! I suspect that in time these very limited Turtle Ship 5 Wons (1995-2012) will fetch handsome returns for those seeking financial bliss. Otherwise, I love the artwork and the history. Many battles were fought with these ships, much of which the western world is ignorant of. The S. Korean admiral was a genius!!

4. lex1705

lex1705 Member

:happy:
    I'm collecting DPRK silver coins.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. onecenter

onecenter Member

I see some laser-frost on those proofs. Did not know any other country was using this process on their proofs.

6. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

Indeed you are! Pretty serious silver proof collection...

spirityoda likes this.
  7. lex1705

lex1705 Member

The coins look like just a normal proof in real life,I guess so, but on photos look more contrasting .
    For comparing the photo made with an other camera and light.
    [​IMG]

8. lex1705

lex1705 Member

Thank you!:)
    It's not easy to put a set of all silver proof together,but I think it's possible.
    I collect DPRK only for a few month,but pretty serious:cigar:.
    Now I'm looking for some other serious DPRK coins collectors.
    N.Korea made a lot of silver coins,but they are all not on the markt,but they must to be somewhere :rolleyes:

9. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

There is an old saying, "If you are not sleeping with them, and they don't sign your paycheck; then who give a sheet what they say about you.? Does it REALLY matter? NO!!!" Collect whatever you want, from where ever you want, and buy as much as you want, because in the end it's about whay YOU like, not what everyone else thinks you should buy or not buy. JMHO. Enjoy what remains of your day. :joyful:

10. lex1705

lex1705 Member

If someone collect DPRK too
    Lex, you can not discuss buy/sell/trade offers in the regular posts, they must be in the specified subforums, And only after 10 regular posts will the program let you post there. Also read the rules in those forums, as they are specific to it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  11. lex1705

lex1705 Member

I found this pic. in the web,it's an official release shown in the media of NK:woot:
    [​IMG]

12. lex1705

lex1705 Member

And there are some coins,photos I found in the web,but these pics are not represented in Krause:cool:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

longnine009 and spirityoda like this.
  13. lex1705

lex1705 Member

This 5 won is from the web too,but I didn't find it in Krause,and I think it's maybe just a mule-pic. A portrait's side from a 10 won and the other side is from an other 5 won coin.
    [​IMG]

14. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

The Schön catalog (in German) does not list a "fiver" either. Just a 1 won brass coin, 10 won silver and 700 won gold ...

Christian

15. lex1705

lex1705 Member

Yes,sir!And there is also 1 won aluminium.

16. Ancientnoob

Ancientnoob Money Changer

17. lex1705

lex1705 Member

When I have wrote this message,in a few minutes it's disappeared (deleted) and the Moderator explained me my mistake,but now the message is here again :shifty:
    I didn't repost it,so it's not my fault :angelic:

18. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

We decided to leave the message in the topic (or make it visible again), as you show some good coin photos there, and just take the offer out. Side note - check your message counter now. ;)

Christian

19. longnine009

longnine009 Darwin has to eat too. Supporter

Even the horse on the 50 Chon coin looks under feed. :p

It's not a bad looking coin though. At least the horse is leaping in the air instead digging a tunnel.

20. mr-cheyenne

mr-cheyenne New Member

I have a great 1500 WON gold coin to show.

Korea started to mint .900 gold coins with the beginning of the 20th century. North Korea, however, started to mint its first gold coins in 1988 but they all have been made of .999 gold in contrast to the Korean coin.

nk-1500won.jpg

21. ffrickey

ffrickey Junior Member

Where did you find all these NK proofs? I hardly ever see any NK coins on sale.

Draft saved Draft deleted