Noobie Question about Older MS-70 Quality Coins Looking For Professional Opinion Pls.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Wish 4 More, Sep 1, 2010.

1. sampson

sampson New Member

man oh man i would grade them AU. I just found a website called the cheap slab store where they sell slabbed coins fairly cheap.Anyone know if they are legit

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. BR549

BR549 Junior Member

To briefly answer this question, all of the top tier third party grading companies (PCGS, NGC, ANACS, ICG) sonically seal the two clam shells together, not in just a few spots, all the way around the circumference. This feature will not allow anyone to tamper with that permanently bonded seal with out it being detected, in other words, it is a safety feature to protect the buyer.

4. playin4funami

playin4funami Junior Member

You can buy the shells and print out your own labels and do the same thing, it's just a scam, nowhere on their listings does it say they use the standard grading system,it is a scam to catch newbies and part them from their money, even though they offer returns they still get a bunch who are embarrassed and don't return the junk coinage they sell. I laugh every time I see their stuff on ebay. Look at it this way, you just got the start of an education on scam artistry, nothing to be embarrassed about, now if you fall for it again thats a different matter,LOL!

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

Threads like these make Leadfoot cry. :(

6. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

How is your return going, are you having a problem? I'm just curious as like I previously said, that company sux!!

7. cladking

cladking Coin Collector

They look far better than I'd expect.

I wouldn't keep them unless they were pretty cheap
    though since the major services would grade them very
    tough because of the dings. They're mostly pretty nice
    gemmy coins with a single flaw; a major hit or two.

Figure them as fairly "special" MS-63 and 64 coins. If
    you like them and they were cheaop then fine. If they
    were expensive you can find the same thing in slabs for
    much less probably.

8. Kevo

Kevo Junior Member

That seller is one of the biggest FRAUDS on EBAY. I am not afraid to say it either. You could have saved yourself some time and money buy using toolhaus.org to check their feedback before buying. They slab their own coins, and everything gets an ms70 grade. They also sell garbage looking "relics" , and "gems". Not to mention all of the IMPRESSIVE collections, that have been JUST DISCOVERED in old mason jars, cigar boxes, treasure chests ect.

9. coervi

coervi Lincoln Collector

i like the treasure chests

10. mycohopper

mycohopper Junior Member

Yikes. I've even found those slabs at my local antique store. The guy selling them wants 100x face value for being "MS-70". Most of them are 1980's, 1990's or early 2000's small change. Guess where I no longer shop?

11. Wish 4 More

Wish 4 More New Member

Hi everyone.

Well I got a full refund for everything that I ordered from that person. I even got the money back that I paid on a couple of the auctions where I had to pay for shipping.

It looks like they just did a complete refund on paypal.

I'm still out the $10.40 it cost me to mail everything back to them tho.

I've learned a lot from everyone here, I appreciate the help that I got from everyone, Thank You.

W4M
    A.K.A. Jim

Draft saved Draft deleted