No treasury seal, serial number, and yellow backed dollar bill

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by gold_digger2011, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Agilmore01

Agilmore01 Well-Known Member

Maybe faded in years of sunlight? Could have been displayed in a frame for some reason and faded the back...?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrhooker

mrhooker New Member

I have a 1963A series dollar bill that also has no serial number, seal and has a yellow back.

4. Emma Oswald

Emma Oswald New Member

The ones that are yellow have either been treated to turn yellow, or they have been environmentally damaged. A lot of people think their yellow back $1 bill is authentic because the serial numbers on the front stayed green. Once again, we don’t know it is done. However, the people who know the chemistry to change colors on money do it in a way that they can specifically target certain sections of the bill.

5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

How about direct sunlight. Exposure for long periods of time to just one side can fade the colors. Like sun faded tattoos.

6. Michael Bailey

Michael Bailey New Member

Know a friend who has a silver certificate with a gold colored back, wanted me to look for on the net..Don't know about serial numbers and seals. How could they color the back without messing up the front way you describe? Haven't seen it, he just told me about it. He thought it might be a misprint. Me too until I saw your post!

Draft saved Draft deleted