No one sells foreign coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

Of the stores that I visit regularly I know that at one of them all the employees are either family members of the owner or people who go to his church, and the other it seems to be all friends and family members, so there's definitely truth here. I know they want to be sure they can trust someone in a business like that, but you can't always hire family for everything. They're not always trustworthy either.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

I was in a shop once where the owner explicitly stated he didn’t want employees talking/arguing about politics because he knew it would be bad for business. I appreciated that rationality.

4. Brent hobonickel

Brent hobonickel Well-Known Member

Ebay has some great lots of foreign coins. The bigger the lot the better.

5. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

It's hard to find a bargain there. People always bid them up.

The Eidolon likes this.
  6. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

I understand sir. Of course most of us know majority of coin shop politics, and most of us old timers here just from your posts understand your politics to an extent. I love having friends with all sorts of political views. I had the exact same issue in academia. My views are not very welcomed, which was made abundantly clear by others in my Doctoral cohort. However, I have thick skin and an abhorrence to groupthink so I made it through anyhow. It really is pretty sickening to see how much academia, supposedly a bastion of free thought, is basically the epitome of censorship today. Many really do feel they have a duty to "shout down" any opposing viewpoints.

So, it goes both ways in life. People group together with like minded people and the human condition as it is, prefer to be with similar view. They must all be US coin shops. I actually find most world coin dealers would have most in common with your views sir, they are usually opposite of old time US coin dealers politically. Look at Bob Reis' website. He is what I expect politically of world coin dealers. I know many others like him, friends with all of them but we may respectfully disagree on some political issues at times.

Draft saved Draft deleted