NO OBVERSE WHEAT CENT???

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by Chuckylof23, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Chuckylof23

Chuckylof23 Member

Ok today was my Xmas morning, and even if these coins amount out to 0 value whatsoever, I'd be willing to put up against anyone in coin roll hunting history the multiple finds in one particular roll. First off, I found 40 cents in dimes and 10 cents in nickels that alone is cool, but.now let me tell you the next items that came out of this roll a 1956 D cent, a 1990 D, 1999 D, and a 2003 D. All these of these coins look pure 18kt gold. Next was my first time seeing/finding a penny that was struck on a Dime planchet 1996 D. Next and last was the coolest. I found a wheat cent that literally looks as if the OBVERSE was not struck at all on this coin but it's the correct planchet and correct reverse. Any info on any of these coins will be very much appreciated. And I pray I found some value, but if not without a doubt the greatest coin roll "ONE ROLL" heart pump lol

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. -Andy-

-Andy- Andrew B. -Andy- YN

the wheat pennny with no obverse looks interesting, could you take a picture of it's rim VS another wheat penny? it might have been grinded down! Or another way to see if it's an error is to weigh it VS another one.
    I hope this helps!

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

The golden colored pennies, or "brass pennies", are a tricky one. There are US Mint errors caused by nickel contaminant in the copper plating. However, this is also a very easy science experiment result. Ken Potter, well-known penny expert, sell them on his web site. I believe the best way to decide if the are mint error or if they are the result of a science experiment is weight. The science experiment will have the additional weight of zinc.

Paul M. and Michael K like this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

That is not a Dime planchet. That Cent was given an Acid Bath. Not an error.

Paul M. and Amos 811 like this.
  6. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

The blank Obverse is PMD..Post Mint Damage.
    Someone removed the Obverse side intentionally. If you understood the minting process, it is impossible to have one side struck and the other blank. It needs equal pressure of striking on both sides.

Paul M. likes this.
  7. mynamespat

mynamespat Well-Known Member

I'm really confused by op's post. What kind of roll was this with 4 dimes and 2 nickels? (I could understand dimes in a penny roll... but nickels don't quite work)

My guess is it's a roll that's been loaded with somebody's interesting-but-not-quite-worth-anything coins.

Paul M. likes this.
  8. steve.e

steve.e Cherry picker

Nickles in a cent roll. Please explain:meh:

9. eddiespin

eddiespin Fast Eddie

All I can say is it's too early in the morning for me to start drinking...

10. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

Cent looks intentionally hollowed out. AKA a "Magicians coin". I assume you put a dime in the hollowed out portion.

Paul M. and paddyman98 like this.
  11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

So tell us, how do you find all those different size coins in a roll you are searching?
    They wont all fit in the same roll.

Draft saved Draft deleted