no engravers initials

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by igotchange, Feb 8, 2020.

1. igotchange

igotchange Active Member

I found this penny with no engravers initials or mite they be located elsewhere?

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Your photo is a bit blurry and I am unable to see the point in question.
    The missing initials are usually cause by wear and cleaning of dies. The other is a Debris impacted design of the die known as Struck through Grease.

paddyman98 likes this.
  4. igotchange

igotchange Active Member

My question is would that be considered a error or as u said a stuck through grease die.are grease dies a collectable?like the in god we rust quarter? Also thanks for your time.

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The initials would be on the reverse on the right side of the Memorial. Just a minor error if totally missing, still but less of an error it the smallest portion of the initial shows.

6. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

7. igotchange

igotchange Active Member

Thank you for your views i just had never seen that type of error except for shallow patches on random letters and such.i wonder if you mite be able to tell me something. I have around 100 or so 64 quarters that were put in tubes in 64 so theyre like new.does it pay to have them graded to sell them?the costs seem exhorbinant to me.

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

The cost of grading them would be cost more than they are worth.

9. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

Because so many silver coins of this year were saved/horded they are easier to find in higher grades, thus bringing there value down. So I would say they would not be any worth getting graded. In fact it would cost more to get one graded than what the coin would be worth. It is probably best to just hang on to then for their Silver content and value or sell them to purchase a coin more to your liking.
    You could start a new thread on this topic to get a more generalized opinion than just taking in my opinion.
    http://www.coinflation.com/coins/1932-1964-Silver-Washington-Quarter-Value.html

Draft saved Draft deleted