No Cents and US Military Bases Overseas

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Bonedigger, Aug 1, 2008.

1. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

John.
    Here are a few other photos !!!! AAFESpogs front and back.jpg 101_3150 (425x640).jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

Even in Germany , AAFES Has been rounding UP or Down on Prices since the late 80's ....

4. ron_c

ron_c Well-Known Member

When processing into Viet Nam one of the things was, converting your greenbacks and pocket change into MPC (Military Payment Certificates). As we were standing in line someone noticed that there were pennies on the ground. As the line moved along, we were picking these up as fast as we could. It started with tens of pennies, then hundreds of pennies until we were close to the door and we saw why. There was a big sign "No Pennies Accepted". We had hundreds of pennies and they wouldn't take them. Close to the door were thousands and thousands of pennies on the ground.

I have wondered, if before we left there, did someone pick up the pennies to bring back home or were they left and maybe to this day they are thousands of pennies still in the soil.

green18 and Jwt708 like this.
  5. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

For a minute I thought bonedigger was back.

green18 likes this.
  6. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Heh...it happens.

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Kind o' miss old Ben. Haven't seen him in quite a spell across the river too.

Normally, with a seven year old thread, I'd be whoopin' and hollerin' but I'm glad you bumped this one JWT........:)

8. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Wait...I bumped this?

Shoot...
    Here I thought the Stella was a bit weak and got my favored

[​IMG]
    This should help.

Mainebill and green18 like this.
  9. green18

OOPS........it was Armysgti........well, you posted all the cool Pogs. :)

Heck, I'm still drinkin' coffee........wonder what's gonna happen when I start sharin' with Evan?

Jwt708 likes this.
  10. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

So I just got back from Ireland...the Irish told me how their coffee came to be. One stormy night an aircraft was forced to make a landing. The ground guys were asked to put something together for the passengers and all the airport had was whiskey, coffee, and cream. Irish coffee was born and the passengers were happy.

green18 likes this.
  11. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

JWT >> Thanks for the history lesson. You still collecting Pogs ???

12. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

Goood Afternoon. Rhoggman... Do you still have those POGS available ????

13. davidh

davidh soloist gnomic

Mid 60's Germany we used US coins, 1 cent up to 50 cents, along with Pfennigs (not so much 1's and 2's, but 5 and up) and Marks. Nobody turned down anything.

14. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

I still am! Haven't added to the collection in a while. Good to see you around!

15. armysgti

armysgti Active Member

16. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Man for a minute I thought old Ben was back.......bonedigger

green18 likes this.
  17. green18

MIA for a month of Sundays.......

18. Paddy54

More than that my friend he just fell off the grid completely . He and I always had a good relationships . Talked a lot about bust half's as well as other shared interest,

19. green18

Frank mentioned a while back that he'd seen him on Facebook. For the life of me I don't know why he just up'd and disappeared.

20. green18

He always employed the grading juice........:)

21. Paddy54

Yes Ben was known for tipping a few back.

*oh BTW a new stout to try called " Rise Up" by Evo. Very yummy purchased 8 for the 4th today.

Draft saved Draft deleted