NO arguing, criticizing, or debating post a coin thread.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Morgandude11, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

Everyone's coins look like crap!

Just kidding, of course, they look awesome! Keep em coming.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Yeah, Shane wouldn't own anything blast white to gift. Simply amazing Morgan, Chris! :thumb:

4. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Thanks

Here are the two Standing Liberty Quarters in the book. They have full heads. :smile

Attached Files:

5. Detecto92

Those are sweet!

6. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Thanks

The standing liberty quarters were originally purchased in slabs & have been in the Dansco for about 10 years. They still do not show any toning affects from the Dansco. I suspect that it is a new Dansco & the vault they reside in has a very stable temperature & humidity that doesn't promote the chemical reaction(s). None of the coins in this particular 7070 book have changed (that I can tell).

I pulled the 1859 Indian cent out of the book & had it slabbed. Now there is an empty hole in the book. :(

BTW, have you ever seen CaveTroll's 7070 album? Every coin in CaveTroll's album has a contemporary hole in it.

7. Blasty

Blasty Gold Member

Pocket Money

These two coins are not in the best shape, but they are special to me. They are my wallet coins; I carry them with me all the time.

My dad gave me the silver dollar in memory of my grandfather on his side, who was born in 1926. He regularly carries three of them, and each of my brothers carry one as well.

The eagle isn't of sentimental value just yet. Somebody cleaned it years ago, so I was able to get it for a hair under melt at my favorite shop. As my dealer called it "just an honest piece of gold," I felt that it deserved a bit of honest wear as my lucky gold piece, so now it lives in my wallet.

11_dollars_rev.jpg 11_dollars_obv.jpg

8. clorox

clorox Member

9. Morgandude11

Morgandude11 As long as it's Silver, I'm listening

Loads of beautiful coins here folks. Keep them coming. Thank for the comments on the Smithsonial--it is one of the most beautiful commems. in my opinion. That is MS 70 PCGS specimen that i own. Yes, I have the proof, and it is in another shoebox in the locked closet. :) Gotta dig it out. In the meantime, here's another commem that i love for its spirit and ideas--the Library of Congress proof from the Mint:

Lib congress.jpg lib congressrev.jpg

This was one of the inexpensive coins I picked up and have always loved.

10. Detecto92

This is an 1835 East India Company Half Anna.

I have a small collection of copper coins from the early to mid 1800s. These can be had for a fraction of the cost compared to large cents from the US.

I paid less than $7 shipped for this coin, and it is 177 years old!

[​IMG]

11. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

12. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

Some of the modern commems are done really well - like the Smithsonian which is probably my favorite. Since it's been posted here's another I personally thought was well done, and I like the obverse and the reverse. Sometimes one is great and the other so-so, but not in this case.

Not my pics but I bought the coin. I can't begin to top their picture taking skills.

Jamestown-1.jpg
    Jamestown-2.jpg
    Jamestown-3.jpg

13. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

PS: Kookoox10 that's a nice note! I don't have any, but I made yours my desktop wallpaper. Hope you don't mind!

Draft saved Draft deleted