NIFC HALVES- HOW MANY TO SAVE

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Ron Henry, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Ron Henry

Ron Henry Active Member

I've been coin roll hunting for the last few months, and have about $70 worth of NIFC halves. How many would you folks keep? Your response to my cleaning question was so informative (and entertaining), I thought I'd try this one out. Thanks for the responses.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Personally, none.

Ed Sims likes this.
  4. Ron Henry

Ron Henry Active Member

How about proofs? Do you keep any of them?

5. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm still a sucker for those. If I ever get a full set, maybe I'll quit. I don't think there is much of a market to sell the duplicates.

6. stldanceartist

stldanceartist Minister of Silly Walks

I've saved the satin finish coins, and anything that still looks UNC. Otherwise...they've all gone back to the bank...even the coins pulled from US Mint bags (very, very bag marked to the point of being quite unattractive.) Out of those, I kept only coins that were MS65 or above (it wasn't many.)

I'll keep proofs to check for varieties, but otherwise again back to the bank.

Have tried to sell them at even the slightest of profit margins and no one had any interest.

7. Ethan

Ethan Collector of Kennedy's

I keep all of them as long as they are MS62 and above with no rings, I keep all the proofs also. The way I see it is I have cash if needed but I also know the mintage of these are around 2 million a piece and I remember the 1970D had that mintage and they are not cheap. My hope is they do away with the kennedy and that way I will have something that might keep up with inflation. Right now I have about $400+ dollars worth. So, I have $400 in cash if needed but for now they are part of my collection.

Draft saved Draft deleted