----Nickel inside of a Nickel----?

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Michelle469, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Michelle469

Michelle469 New Member

Can some one please help me identify this coin? I've tried to find information on it and I can't seem to find anything about it. It has a very small silver nickel, dated 1977, inside of a larger gold nickel that is dated 1984 P and on the cardboard it reads "Presidential Coin Set-Mint Mint Collectors Item" at one point my mom had the full set but they were stollen from her when I was very young and all she has left is this nickel. I am very interested to find out as much about it as possible, especially since I have never seen another one (which doesn't meen a whole lot comin from me. lol). Oh and trying to get a good pic thru the plastic was somewhat difficult so I hope these are ok pics. Thank you :)

coinzzz 006.jpg coinzzz 005.jpg coinzzz 004.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. The Goldeneye

The Goldeneye Man with the Golden Coin

4. Kid_Collector

Kid_Collector Member

wow, never seen one of those before, deffinitly a cool coin.

5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

A pregnant Jefferson! I've never seen one in the wild. I thought all of the breeders were kept at the mint. Must be an escapee.

6. Michelle469

Michelle469 New Member

Uh... Is that a good thing or bad thing? I am very very brand new at this (if u couldn't tell!)

7. Porsche2007

Porsche2007 Senior Member

I was reading through the comments in that link. Well, there's a comment from about a month ago by pennyondime95: "the real double denomination [...]".
    :dead-horse:

8. wheatydigger

wheatydigger Member

Inception: a nickle within a nickle

9. phdunay

phdunay Member

I've seen golden colored minicoins like the silver one, someone must have gotten a silver colored one and put it into the golden colored JEfferson

10. Michelle469

Michelle469 New Member

Does any one have any idea what it could be worth?

11. phdunay

phdunay Member

I don't think it is worth too much, since the miniature coin is not made by the U.S. Mint and the real nickel was damaged by putting the small coin into it, but it would be worth a couple of bucks to the right person as a novelty item.

12. Honky

Honky New Member

I have a penny with a small nickel inside of it.Think it's worth anything??

Draft saved Draft deleted