nice toned Lincoln

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by tomfiggy, Sep 2, 2015.

1. tomfiggy

tomfiggy Well-Known Member

I like this one. Not much of a toned coin fan but this is pretty 1993toned.jpg 1993toned2.jpg 1993toned3.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

Pretty colors. Can you show us all the coin?

4. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It is colorful but with only a small portion of the coin I must ask, Is is real or artificial toning?

5. CHUCKCXB

CHUCKCXB Active Member

I am leaning toward fake

6. tomfiggy

Image23278.jpg Image23279.jpg Image23280.jpg Image23281.jpg Image23282.jpg Image23283.jpg Think what you will, I found it in a bank roll. It's hard to get a far shot because the light in the room dominates.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  7. tomfiggy

there is no toning on the back so it could not be from heat. Some chemical spill, or sunlight? I have no idea but the color is beautiful,
    Look under "trust" there is something either from the die, PMD, or glue. I'm afraid to wash it with acetone, or xylene.

8. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

It almost looks like it got dipped in gasoline or something.

9. robec

robec Junior Member

Why would this be in Error Forum? You aren't under the impression that toning is an error I hope.

10. tomfiggy

Image23314.jpg Image23309.jpg Image23281.jpg Image23308.jpg yes it is PMD so I shouldn't post it here I suppose. I know that people have posted about these type of coins here in the past. I mainly wanted to share such a beautiful and colorful coin with others. Lincoln has a laser blast coming out of his eyes, and the date is falling into a black hole. You don't see many like it.
    I let it sit in some xylene for an hour. Nothing rinsed away so I'm eliminating glue or any coating from causes.

Attached Files:

robec likes this.
  11. robec

robec Junior Member

I love the neon green on the face and other assorted colors.

You should post this in the "Post a Lincoln" thread in the U.S. Coin Forum. I'm sure you would reach more Lincoln and toner collectors.

Draft saved Draft deleted